Kee's Late Night

After Artemis had gotten her diary signed by a very overwhelmed Tony Stark, the group moved on, Tony lagging along with them, helping Bruce point out different things.
" These are your rooms, Girls," Tony said with a smile, opening two doors to show some lavishly decorated rooms.
Kee's eyes widened in surprise, her mouth forming an O in shock.
" They're, amazing," She murmured appreciatively.
Artemis tugged on Kee's shoulder, a pleading look in her eyes. Kee nodded to her twin,knowing exactly what the problem  was.
" May we share a room? it's just that we feel safer together," Kee asked, shooting Artemis a reassuring look.
Bruce picked up on the fact that Artemis seemed slightly nervous.
" Of course you two can," Tony answered with a grin, showing them just how easy it was for him and Bruce to move a bed in to the first room so the two could sleep in the same large room.
" Get settled in, later on I'll make sure you two meet the rest of the team," Bruce murmured,
" When you guys are done, just ask Jarvis to point you in the right direction to the main rooms that we hang out in okay," Tony suggested as the two men left, closing the door on the girls.

" So, they seem interesting," Tony ventured.
Bruce shrugged, not quite sure what to say.
" The older one, Kee, she seems quite unfazed by everything," Tony noted.
" I made the mistake of thinking Kee was older, but they're the same age, turns out they're twins!" Bruce informed.
Tony sighed, realisation in his eyes and relief.
" Glad you told me that before hand, by the look of her piercing gaze, I'd hate to be on the receiving end of her anger," Tony muttered.

That night the two girls trotted out to the dining hall together, where the avengers already were.
" Hey girls, I want to introduce you to ................." Bruce began for being interrupted by a squeal.
" What?! I can't believe it, I know all of your u guys, you're so cool, CaptainAmerica, your shield is so cool, Thor, you're so handsome, And oh gosh, Natasha you're so much prettier in real life, I didn't know I any girl could be as cool as you, you and Clint should totally get married!" Artemis yelled, jumping us and down happily, eyes shining happily, as she shook all of their hands enthusiastically.
Clint and Natasha stared at each other awkwardly, their cheeks a little pink. Tony smirked at Artemis's antics. The little girl with her auburn hair in a plait, sat in between Thor and Captain America, barely containing her excitement as she gazed in awe at the smiling faces of Thor and Steve.
" Hey there kid, seems you already know all able it us," Steve murmured happily, finding it fun to have a kid around.
" Of course I do! The avengers are my heroes, I want to join you guys one day," Artemis gasped happily.
" Banner, I like this child, what does thou call them Self?" Thor asked, half to Bruce and half to Artemis.
" My name is Artemis!" Artemis squeaked.
Thor smiled and clapped her on the shoulder gently, causing her to grin wildly.
" Well consider your home here, an honorary junior avengers training joint," Steve murmured. " Maybe one da you'll join us," He added.
Artemis leapt at him, tackling him in a big hug that only a little girl could give.
" Thank you Steve! I'm gonna be an avenger some day!" Artemis vowed before releasing the surprised man.
" And what about you, you want to be an avenger one day too?" Clint asked Kee, thinking she'd have the same reaction.
The girl just eyed them all with a steely expression.
" No," she said curtly before sitting next to Natasha and Bruce, nodding to the red haired spy.
Tony cleared his throat and they all began eating their leftover pizza and salad from last night, the awkwardness of Kee's comment over.
Everyone ate hungrily except for Kee, who was sitting still, head lolling forward and eyes tight shut, hands clasped in front of her, her plate untouched.
" You okay Kee?" Natasha asked curiously.
A few seconds later Kee peeped open her eyes and took a bite of her salad.
" I was saying grace," She muttered.

That night Kee couldn't sleep, she was up tossing and turning until she ended up getting out of bed and walking around till she found a training room. She smiled when she saw the fake human shaped target in the corner, picking up a knife she casually flicked it, sending it spinning so it impaled the dummy directly where the heart would be. She then started punching the punching bag, alternately blocking, jabbing, roundhouse kicking and uppercutting, eyes focussed and barely breaking a sweat.
At four in the morning she felt someone watching her.
" Morning," She greeted curtly.
" Good Morning Kee," Steve murmured, watching the girl in her camo pants and black shirt deal out strong punishment to the punching bag. She was exceptionally fit and strong, he noted.
" I think you killed the punching bag," Steve murmured.
" It still moves," Kee muttered.
Steve realised she was trying to make a joke and laughed.
" What are you doing here so early?"  Asked Steve curiously.
" I could ask you the same," Kee replied.
" I'm a soldier, I always get up at dawn, so what are you doing here?" Steve asked.
" Unlike you, I just simply couldn't sleep. Strange place, strange surroundings, stranger people," Kee mumbled.
" Your sister is settling in easily," Steve noted,
" Yeah, well she's just fangirling  because she's living with her heroes," Kee said in annoyance.
" I take it we aren't your heroes?" Steve asked.
" No, you aren't," Kee stated angrily before punching hard, sending the bag flying away from her with the force of the blow.