Chapter 6

"DAMN, WHO WOULD'VE ever thought that Mason's girl was a nurse? I seriously thought that she was one of those leeches that hung around us at the races. Mhh I bet they have fun with the role playing, right Jay." Victor voiced as he and Jason drove back to the garage.

He ended up with second degree burn on his forearm. The doctor cooled it down with various ointments and pain medications and topped the burn off with a burn dressing. The doctor also instructed him to clean it and change the dressing, every couple of hours and the burn would heal itself in approximately in four weeks as long as it's well taken care of.

The idea of doing so much work had Victor inwardly groaning but a guy had to do what a guy had to do.

Jason scoffed at his friend's remark.

"She's still not giving you any play huh?"

"I don't care. I don't even want her anymore." Jason replied with begrudged tone .

'Lies.' Something in the back of his mind said but he ignored it.

 Machayla refused to acknowledge his existence after the heated discussion that took place in the hospital's emergency room and it pissed him off even more.

He usually kept his cool and was the laid back quiet type of guy but since Saturday, he just seems to be the total opposite of his actual personality. All the trouble he had gotten into was because of her and her little white lie. He seriously would have left her alone if she had told him that she had a boyfriend and it wouldn't have hurt to mention that it was Mason out of all people... but then again, she didn't know that he raced... did she? After all, she was Mason's girlfriend...

"Yeah sure you don't. Wondered how she ended up with Mason of all people... Speaking of Mason, when are you guys racing?" Victor's demeanor suddenly became serious. He had a bad feeling about dealing with the guy. He seemed too devious for Victor's liking.

"Carter called yesterday. They actually wanted to race last night but I said no. We're doing this shit on my schedule. I can't stand the fuckers anyways so I really didn't even give a damn how they felt about it." Jason growled out.

"You can't stand them and neither can I but keep in mind that if you lose, you're stuck with those idiots. I understand why you didn't just hand the car over back to them because that would've made us look weak and shit but is that Audi really worth losing your spot in our crew? We need you to win our races."

"So that's the only reason yall keep me around? So I can win your races? Fuck you!" Jason knew Victor was just teasing him but now that he thought about it, he really did make an absent minded decision on Saturday and that agitated him very much.

He couldn't understand how one girl could screw his head up in such a short time. The only explanation was that he was lusting after her. It was lust at first sight for him and he was pretty sure it was for her too from the way she squirmed while he was staring at her in the hospital as she tried her best to ignore him.

"But maybe I'm wrong."

"Wrong about what?" Victor asked him with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh, I was thinking out loud." Jason didn't even realized that he had spoken his thoughts.

"Riiiight." Victor drew out.

 They pulled up in front of the garage and Brandon rushed to the car before they could even step out.

"What happened? Did they have to cut your arm off? I couldn't meet up with yall because that old bat was talking my ear off after I gave her the damn keys to her car. I wanted to strangle her." Brandon fired at them.