Chapter 16

JASON AND CARTER watched as the man pulled out a handkerchief out of the pocket of his white suit jacket and bent down to wipe off his white leather loafers clean of the blood that belonged to his victim who was lying dead on the floor.

“Talk about putting a bullet in someone’s head.” Carter whispered to Jason. They were still standing in the same spot and hadn’t moved a muscle since they witnessed the tragic fate of the guy decked out in a light grey suit.

Jason finally took his gaze off of the gun man that was clad in all white with pitch black hair with a matching pair of dark eyes that held beady pupils and scanned the right side of the room. To his surprise the two men that was guiding Carter and himself were sprawled out on the floor with a bullet wound in each of their chests; both with a gun in their lifeless hand.

He switched his gaze again and looked over to the left of the room to find another man sitting against the blood stained wall with his head down, his legs stretched out from under him and blood dripping from his forehead to the cream carpet on the floor where it was creating a puddle of blood.

Being the sharp thinker that he was, Jason instantly knew that the man that just erected his spine and turned to look at him and his partner with eyes that were instantly deemed lifeless and empty, was the same person that killed him too.

Without taking his eyes off of them, the man folded his bloody handkerchief with ease and tucked it into his pants pocket. He then took the gun that was still in his grasp and set it on a wide oak colored desk that was behind him while still examining the two in front of him. The gun never lefted his hand and his index finger never veered from the trigger.

“I really do not feel like taking another life tonight.” He spoke in a strong Spanish accent. “Por favor tipos make this very fast so you can both go home and I can get my rest. It’s a little late, no?” He sat on the tip of the desk, crossed his legs at the ankle and nodded in Jason’s direction. “El dinero?”

Jason looked down at the briefcase in his hand and nodded at the man who he presumed was the notorious Santiago. Because he’s lived in South Florida all his life, Jason understood some Spanish though he couldn’t reiterate the tongue enough to have a full conversation.

“Aah, Bueno.” Throwing a hand into his dark comb backed sleek hair; he stood up, let go of the pistol that was in his hand while stepping over the dead body that was in his way. He made his way around the desk and stopped in front of a wide cabinet with gold trimmings. Pulling out a gold skeleton key, he unlocked the double cabinet doors and opened them as wide as they could go.

Jason looked over at Carter and cocked an eyebrow in question but Carter just simply shrugged his shoulders and turned back to Santiago and the text book sized packets that were stacked up in the cabinets.

Turning towards them, Santiago took a step forward and stopped. With the look of disgust plastered to his face, he looked down at the four dead bodies on the carpeted floor of the yacht and pulled out a phone front his coat pocket. Jason watched him dial a number and seconds later he was muttering something into the phone in Spanish. Just as quickly as it started, the call ended and he tucked the phone back into his coat.

“I’m very sorry for the mess but you know how this business is, si? Friends are… eh how do you Americans say… fake and they cannot be trusted. When back is turned BOOM” he slapped his opened palm onto the desk to make the sound effects “they stab you.”

Just as soon as he finished his sentence, about five men wearing all black attire walked into the room without acknowledging neither Carter nor Jason. They weren’t surprise or even a bit fazed by the dead bodies or blood splattered everywhere.