Chapter 24

“This is your entire fault. You just had to open your big ass mouth.” Drake bit out.

“Me?!” Tabitha shot back. “You’re the one who told him everything. I didn’t plan on letting him know that you had anything to do with that abortion you dumb ass!”

Drake’s eyes narrowed into angry slits. “Call me another dumbass.”

She barely flinched as his demeanor darkened and he took several steps towards her. “Well you are you egotistical moron! Why would you go and tell your brother something like that? What did you expect? A freakin’ thank you hug? I’m glad he punch the shit out of you-”

Drake patience snapped and he before he knew it, he'd shove her against the wall of his apartment in a bout of pure rage. Placing both of his hands on the wall, he caged her head in and crushed his body against hers. “Listen and listen closely,” he snarled “you’re going to learn to control that mouth of yours when you speak to me or else.”

He watched as Tabitha’s brows furrowed in defiance. “Is that a threat Mills?” She wasn’t a bit flustered by him. It brought a slight tilt to Drake’s lips as she held her own against him. It was her most redeeming quality.

Inching his mouth towards her left ear, he whispered with a gruff voice that held a ting of lust. “Definitely.” Not being able to withstand his urge any longer, he parted his lips and bit down on her lobe. A surprised gasp rushed out from her throat as his tongue slipped out from between his lips and he licked the bite.

“W- What the hell are you doing?!” She exclaimed but the usual confident undertone that was always attached in her voice was now shaky. He felt her heart rate quicken under his chest and a satisfied grin made its way onto his face before he pushed away and took a few steps back to admire her now flushed face.

“Don’t do that again!” She snapped. “Ever!”

He smirked. “Whatever you say.” Turning on his heels he headed into the small kitchen. “You want a beer?”

“No,” she snapped.

He stopped in front of his side by side refrigerator and turned his head in her direction. “Lighten the hell up. This crap was more your fault than mines.”

“What?!” She screeched angrily.

Ignoring her, he pulled open the door to the cooler and pulled out two beers just in case she changed her mind. He walked back into the small living room of his one bedroom apartment, sat on the cream leather couch and placed one bottle of beer on the coffee table in front of him. “Have a seat so we can talk.”

“I’ll stand,” she muttered darkly.

“God, What’d I just say?!” He exclaimed. “Come sit your ass down.”

She looked at him with intense hatred in her eyes before she finally gave in and went to plop down next to him on the couch with an attitude. Drake inwardly sighed and slumped his shoulders. Tabitha was a piece of work and though most of the time he found her brazen personality intriguing, today was not the day.

He’d finally decided to pick up her phone calls yesterday after he’d left the cemetery. For reasons unknown to him, he’d suddenly felt the need to fix the issue that caused the sudden distance between Jason and himself. Maybe it was the memory of his father. When he was still alive, whenever he got into it with Jason, his old man would start with his stupid “you two are brothers” speech which somehow always worked.

Now it was up to them to solve the shit that they got theirselves into so for this matter, why not start at the root of the problem. Tabitha.

“You know,” he started off “I didn’t invite you here to fight with you.”