Chapter 13

CARTER SLID THE 9 millimeter TP-9 hand gun across the desk to Jason. Jason looked down at the pistol and looked up at Carter with a perplexed gaze.

“Explain,” Jason grunted.

They were sitting in the shop’s office on Friday evening while Brandon and the rest of the crew were outside the door, fuming because Carter suggested that it was a private meeting between the two and Jason agreed to keeping it discreet.  

Drake on the other hand -who'd most likely muscle his way into the office- was nowhere to be found. They were familiar with his habits and knew that he was probably somewhere in Miami with his many "girlfriends".

Carter chuckled. “You didn’t actually think that we made runs without armed protection did you?”

Jason stared down at the gun on the table. “I have my fist don’t I?”

His reply made Carter chuckle. “Fist? Ok, I’ll give it to you. You have a nice right and left hook but dude, you ain’t no superman. If and when they starts to shoot, your fist isn’t going to be very helpful against the bullets that are being shot at you.”

Jason scoffed. It wasn’t that he’s never seen or used a gun before. Hells, Drake had two and his father had a shot guns when they were younger. The problem was that he didn’t plan on actually having to use one on somebody. 

Grabbing the gun and positioning his finger on the trigger and the butt of the killing device, he studied it. He twirled it around in his hands to get a handle on it then suddenly pointed it at Carter’s forehead.

“Is it loaded?”

Carter frowned and snarled at Jason. “Yes! So stop fucking with it!”

Jason cocked a brow at his old friend and smirked. “Scared the shit out of you huh?”

Carter quickly removed the muzzle of the gun away from his forehead then grabbed the gun out of Jason’s hand. “Stupid….” The rest of his words were incoherent.

Jason gave a chuckle. “So when is our first round?”

“Tomorrow. Since you have the Audi,” Carter said with distaste which caused Jason to grin at him, “you’re picking me up from Mason’s place.”

Jason nodded.

“I’ll explain further before we leave.” Carter slid the gun towards Jason again. “Don’t ride around with this. It ain’t registered so if the cops catch you, your ass is in for it. I hope that you didn’t obtain a criminal record since we hung out last.”

Jason shrugged. “Maybe. Maybe not.”

Carter shook his head. “Yeah well I-”

Jason’s phone started to ring and cut Carter off. Jason frowned as he took a look at the ID caller. He didn’t know anybody in jail… maybe one of Drake’s friends-

Drake!

“Damn it!” Jason abruptly rose up from the chair and sent it collapsing to the floor. “Hello.”

A female voice recorder came through the phone indicating that it was a collect call from the Miami Dade-County Jail, asking if he will allow the call to go through. Jason pressed the necessary keys and waited.

“’Hello.”

“Drake! Why the hell are you in jail? You're suppose to be laying low,” Jason spewed out.

“Had a run in with the cops. Right place, wrong time,” Drake chuckled.

Jason remembered that Carter was in the room and mouthed ‘get out’ but Carter shook his head no and crossed his arms over his chest with a sly smile plastered on his face.