Chapter 11

“YOU'RE JASON RIGHT?” Isis asked as she quirked an eyebrow up at him. “Wow it is a small world. What are you doing here?”

“Uh I’m here for Mason. And you?” Jason was baffled. He was expecting a woman to open the door but it turned out to be the wrong one.

“Mason and I work in the same law firm and we’ve just been assigned to a case together.” She shoved her hands into her plum colored slacks and gave Jason a questioning look. “How do you know Mason? He’s not your lawyer is he? I told you that if you needed one, you should call me.”

“Oh naw, we’re… acquaintances I guess.” He forgot that she mentioned that she was a lawyer when they met at the grocery store. That was explainable but what the hell were the odds of her working with Mason? Small world indeed.  Jason rubbed the back of his neck, suddenly feeling awkward. “So where is he?”

“He’s going over some papers that I need and then I’ll be on my way.” She stepped outside the house and closed the door. “So, why haven’t you called?” One of her hands rose and landed on Jason’s chest. He felt her fingers making small circles as it made its way down to his abdomen.

“Uh I haven’t had the time.”  He lied. Her touching him was unexpected and Jason didn’t know what to do but just stand there like an idiot. His usually asshole attitude towards females that came on too strong just didn’t seem to want to come out but he was sure that it wasn’t because he liked her. After all, he didn’t like arrogant and from what he could remember from their first meeting two weeks ago, she was arrogant.

“Really?” Her voice dropped an octave as she pressed her breast up against his chest and grabbed the hem of his leather jacket closing the space between them. “Well you should make time. I would really enjoy f-”

“Isis who’s at the door?” The door abruptly opened and an irritated looking Mason stood at the door.

Isis smirked at Jason and gave him a wink before turning around to face Mason. “Hey. I didn’t know that we had a mutual friend.”

“What mutual friend?” Mason looked behind Isis and was taken back. After a few second his face contorted into a deep frown. “What time is it?”

“7:02. I was right on time actually but…” Jason cocked his head in Isis direction. “I got held up.” Jason tried his best to refrain from smirking at Mason but he just couldn’t help it.

With a frown still playing on his face, Mason turned back to Isis. “I’m done with the papers. You can go now.”

“Mhh, I think I’ll stay a little bit.” She answered.

“Why?” Mason gave her a look that should’ve told her that she wasn’t welcome at his house any longer but she didn’t seem to take the hint.

She gave Jason a sly look. “I have my reasons.”

“Leave.” Mason growled.

She pouted. “You’re no fun.” She walked into the house followed by Mason and then Jason.

 Jason stood next to the front door and leaned on the wall as they went deeper into the house. A few minutes later they came out with Isis holding a brief case and a jacket in her hands. “I’ll see you tomorrow Mason.” She stopped in front of Jason. “It was nice seeing you again. Don’t forget to call.” She whispered to him in a seductive voice. She kissed him on the cheek and turned to walk out the door when Jason heard her say “Oh. Hey Machayla. How was your day at the hospital?”

“Umm good.” Machayla drew out slowly. When Jason caught her eyes she cocked an eyebrow at him.

Jason shrugged and gave her a small smile. He didn’t miss her rolling her eyes at him but he shrugged that off too.