Chapter 36

SIERRA AND MACHAYLA were sat on the trunk of Carter’s car waiting for the rest of the crew to arrive when Jason, Cater and Victor stepped out of the office and into the garage. They’d once again found their selves back in the shop after Jason called them less than an hour ago about a shooting at his apartment.

Cater and Sierra rushed to get to their meeting spot while Victor, who was only a few blocks away when he got the news, unlocked the garage and awaited everyone’s arrival. Chico and Dennis were both across town and said that they’d get there as soon as possible and as for Drake and Tabitha, Jason didn’t bother calling them… but Sierra sure did.

“Aren’t they here yet? Miami Shores doesn’t take this long to drive through! And where’s Drake and Tabs? Anybody heard from them?” Victor grunted.

Sierra rolled her eyes at Victor’s random outburst. “A little patience won’t kill you Vic. They’ll all be here.” She shot a look at Jason as she emphasized the “all” in her statement.

Jason ignored her and inched closer to Machayla. He was about to ask her why she was so quite when the automatic door to the garage started to roll up and cut him off. Three cars rolled into the already packed garage one by one. After they were all in, Jason clicked the control button on his key ring and the door began to shut once again.

They weren’t taking any chance this time. Jason wanted them all to lay low and stay out of sight from now on. Mason was obviously getting desperate and so were the street rats who looking to make some quick cash if people were shooting up his apartment.

Tabitha and Drake stepped out of her car with matching scowls on their face and Dennis and Chico followed suit.

“Why didn’t you call me?” Drake bit out the moment his eyes landed on Jason.

Jason scoffed. “Sorry if you’re not the first person on my emergency contact list!”

“Since when?!” Drake’s stomach suddenly dropped, he was always first on his brother’s emergency contact list. Even their mother came second to him on that list.

Jason’s green eyes darkened. “Since you started fucking my girlfriends!”

“She was never your girlfriend!”

“That’s no fucking excuse, brother!”

Jason uttered the word brother with so much disgust that it both pissed and hurt Drake at the same time. He was trying but Jason wouldn’t to give him a chance to fix it and he knew that. If anyone could hold a grudge, it was his little brother. “Fine!”

“No, it is not fine Drake. You did nothing wrong!” Tabitha interjected.

“This is between Drake and I, stay the hell out of it,” was Jason’s angry retort.

“Don’t talk to her like that,” Drake snapped.

“Or what?” Jason sneered. “What the fuck else can you do for that bitch now that you haven’t already done?!”

Drake was on Jason and roughly pinning him to the side of Carter’s in a blink of an eye.

“Hey! That’s my car!” Carter wailed somewhere in the background.

“Don’t you ever call her out of her name again or you’ll regret it!” Drake growled down at his brother. “That ‘bitch’ over there saved your ass the other day and you have yet to do anything but give her shit for it! Listen to me and listen to me good, I love that girl over there and I’m sorry for what I did but I can’t take it back.”