Chapter 17

JASON TOOK HIS eyes off the empty dark road and glanced over to the attractive woman sitting in the passenger seat next to him. It took everything in him to not pull the car over and ravage her like he really wanted to. If he knew that she slept in pajama shorts that stopped right under her ass and showed off her silky smooth legs with a low cut v-neck shirt that showed off the top mound of her breast, he would’ve told her to change or at least put on longer pants that covered the rest of her.

But that didn’t mean that he didn’t enjoy the view. Matter of a fact, he was enjoying it too much. So much so that he was stuck in the car battling an erection that was getting the best of him. Miami’s hot summer days and nights was going to prove to be a double edged sword for Jason if he continued to see Machayla.

Sighing softly Jason threw his right hand into his hair when the urge to hold her hand that was resting on the middle compartment in between them stirred.

‘Damn it! I’m getting soft.’

To avoid anymore urges that might cause unnecessary awkwardness between him and Machayla, he switched hands on the steering wheel and tried to refocus on the road. His eyes would linger on her soft profile from time to time as she watched the passing scenes from the window but he didn’t dare utter a word to her. If he did, he knew that his vulgar thoughts  about what he wanted to do to her would be first to spew out of his mouth and as a result he knew that she wouldn’t give it a second thought before thoroughly cursing him out.

That assumption caused his brows to furrow. Jason couldn’t help but wonder why such a feisty person like her was letting a man abuse her. What was her reason for sticking around? Was he threatening her? Knowing Mason that was probably it but why didn’t she go to somebody for help? Where were her parents, her siblings or family? Did they not care about her?

He had so many questions about who this girl was and he was intent on finding the answers to each and every one of them.

                  Five minutes later Jason pulled into the parking lot of the empty beach and turned off the engine to the Audi. Turning his head to face her he realized that her expression had become troubled. He assumed that she was thinking about something disturbing and decided that he didn’t like her in that state of mind. He wanted to snap her out of it.

“You okay?” He asked. His voice filled with concern.

Her head snapped over to him and she frowned before plastering a coy smile on her face. “Yeah. I’m good. Why?”

In hopes of being able to read her mind, he stared onto her face and body language. “You just looked like something was bothering you.”

She grinned at him and propped one naked leg up to her chest and set her head on it. “Aww aren’t you sweet?” She gushed.

He grimaced. “Sweet? Don’t call me sweet. I was just being… attentive.” He joked.

She cocked a brow. “Really? I take my compliment back then.”

“I’ll gladly give it back if you would be willing to change it for another word.”

“Like what? Attentive?”

“Yeah!” He answered as he leaned back on his seat with a smirk. He was glad that he got rid of that frown that he found on her face only seconds ago.

“Well buddy, you’re out of luck.”

“Naw, I wouldn’t say that.”

“And why not?” She asked.