Chapter 15

JASON REACHED THE warehouse and his demeanor instantly became serious. He wasn’t about to give the idiots in there any type of satisfaction by showing his emotions on his face. Everything from here on out was about him putting himself out on the line for a guy he didn’t even like. He couldn’t risk anything going wrong tonight or any other night for that matter.

The minute he walked into the bright lights and made himself visible to his crew mates, the chatter that was coming from them instantly died out and accusing eyes all fell on him. Jason scoff and shoved his hands into the pocket of his jacket and strolled over to where Carter was leaning on an all black custom Ferrari with black leather interiors and rims.

“Guess I made a grand entrance without even trying.” He said to Carter.

Carter sighed. “You’re irritating Mills, you really are. The one day we have to meet the biggest Columbian ring leader and you’re late. He might just decide to shoot our brains out rather then make the trade with us.”

“Why couldn’t the rest of them go without us?” Jason asked as he took a glance at the idiots who continued to glare at him.

“They” Carter pointed to them “have their own posts and route today. We” Carter made hand signals between his and Jason’s chest “were suppose to meet up with him.”

Jason blinked once then twice at Carter. That didn’t answer his question. “Ok. But why are they mad at me if they have their own post to get to? What do we have to do with them?”

“They just don’t like your cocky ass. You know that. If they had the chance, I’m sure they would’ve killed you or have done some serious bodily harm to you by now.” Carter explained.

Jason sucked his teeth. “That still doesn’t explain why they are still here.” He wasn’t threatened by any of the idiots that were in his presence right now. He really couldn’t be bothered because at some point he’s either beaten them in races, embarrassed them, took their money or kicked their ass. They were soft and they only grew a backbone because they joined Mason’s crew.

“Does me telling them to stay explain it better?” Jason instantly narrowed his eyes and clenched his fist when he heard Mason’s voice behind him and turned.

“Calm the hell down Jason!” Carter growled under his breath just loud enough for Jason to hear him.

Mason came from one of the rooms in the warehouse phone in hand and with a death glare that was aimed directly at Jason. Mason strolled with a powerful purpose towards him and Jason immediately erected his spine up straight, ready for a fight.

The room was fairly silent. Nobody spoke and nobody dared to moved as the two men with raging testosterone levels marched towards each other. Each with a strong motive.

Carter didn’t want to get in between the two but the sudden realization that those two men were armed with guns and they both had a short fuse and were pissed off with each other, made him quickly jump in between them before they came into arms length.

“Whoa! Calm down guys. We have bigger things to worry about right now.” Carter piped in with his arms stretched out to keep the distance in between them. Mason immediately turned his scornful glare towards Carter instead and gritted his teeth.

 Carter knew that he was telling him to ‘back up or else’. Worried about his own safety rather than Jason’s or Mason’s, Carter threw his hands up in surrender and took a couple of steps backwards so he was no longer in the crossfire between the two. “Fine, kill each other.” He mumbled under his breath and went back to leaning on the hood of the Ferrari.