Chapter 9

JASON WALKED THROUGH the threshold of the huge house and frowned the minute he heard Machayla call him an asshole and slam the door shut behind her.  He still couldn’t figure out how he really felt about her yet. Every time he saw her, he wanted nothing more than to drag her somewhere out of sight so he could have his way with her and get her out of his system.

All of this was nothing but his body telling him that he needed to get laid… well he thought that was the case until he found himself thinking about Machayla this afternoon for no reason at all; even after sleeping with that Christie chick.

She walked ahead of him and he couldn’t help but to stare at her toned legs that seemed to be accentuated and elongated by her high heels. His eyes traveled up and zoned in on her round derriere and he bit down on his bottom lip when the urge to grab her, throw her over his shoulders like a true caveman would and find a secluded area where he could have his fun with her arose.

When she stopped walking, Jason finally snapped out of it and realized that he was amongst all of his new crew mates. He cocked an eyebrow at them as they glared at him. They must’ve caught him staring at her but he wasn’t sure. Even if they did, could they blame him?? He turned to Machayla. “What wrong with the minions?”

“Minions?” She asked him.

“Yeah, Mason’s little lackys. Why are they staring at me with those ugly looks on their faces?”

She seemed like she wanted to laugh but held it in. “Oh. Well you’re a whole hour late. When Mason says five, he means five.” She suddenly had a different expression on her petite face. A look that Jason recognized as… was that fear? “He’s pissed off at you already.” She continued. “ Please don’t make him angrier. I can’t take another b- ”

“You’re late!”

 Jason looked up from Machayla with an eerie feeling to find Mason walking into the room with a look that would have had a child running for the hills with tears in his eyes but Jason wasn’t fazed. Not one bit.  He looked down at Machayla again. He noticed that she had taken several steps away from him and was looking at everything but him while she nervously played with her fingers.

“Kayla leave.” Mason growled out. Jason frowned at the tone and intensity that he used while speaking to… no, more like commanding Machayla.

‘What the hell?’ Jason thought to himself. His eyes averted between Mason and Machayla and to Jason’s surprise she quickly made her way out of the room without any fuss. He was a bit confused. She did not seem like the type of girl to take orders from a guy so easily.

“If you’re not in this crew follow her.” Mason ordered again. The girls that Jason hardly noticed was there to begin with, rushed out of the room behind Machayla. None of the others seemed to have been taken aback by the way Mason spoke to the girls. It all seemed like it was a natural occurrence.   

Jason stood in the middle of the room with a blank expression on his face. He didn’t know what to expect but he was sure that he would be able to handle it without breaking a sweat.

“So, what’s this meeting about? I have somewhere to be.” Jason finally spoke up. He wasn’t lying about having somewhere to be. He and Drake promised their mother that they would stop by for a visit tonight and try to convince her to get out of the house for a bit.

Mason ignored his questioned, walked towards him with a scowl playing on his face and stopped when he stood toe to toe with Jason once again. “I don’t like to be played with. Don’t play with me or you will be regretting it.”