Chapter 25

Jason watched in slow motion as a group of people rushed over to the battered custom olive colored 1999 BMW after it took its last flip and skid upside down on the rain filled streets of US-27. His breathing fell short as the rate of his cardiac muscle engorged with blood and his green eyes glazed over in unknown trepidation as he watched his old crew try their best to pull him out of the battered car. 

-Two hours earlier

            Brandon glanced over to where Victor stood looking just as bored with Tabitha’s apology as he was. It wasn’t that they weren’t going to forgive her; they just didn’t want to go easy on her because she somehow came back and easily raised hell amongst their group.

“You’re apologizing to the wrong people Tabs.” Victor quipped as he watched Sierra and Carter step out of an early edition of a Silver Jaguar XF. Next to them, Jason stepped out of the drifter. “The person that you need to say sorry to is about fifty feet away from you.”

Tabitha turned towards the new crew that just showed up and watched with a heavy heart as the guy that she’d been pining for the past couple of days, stop in his tracks and glare at her the second he noticed her.

He was still mad. Obviously.

“You look like a puppy that just lost its owner. Cheer up.” Dennis muttered behind her while awkwardly patting her back.

“Shut up!” She snapped.

“Whoa! Down girl.” Dennis put his hands up in surrender and took a step back.

“You’d better step back before she bites.” Brandon muttered amused.

Rolling her eyes at the idiots behind her she huffed. “So where’s this Mason guy that I’ve heard so little about?”

“Look straight ahead.” Chico suggested.

She did just that and her eyes landed on a tall attractive guy with deep brown skin, dark and cropped hair and an air of confidence and authority that would challenge a kings. Under his arms was a woman with… “I think I know her.”

“Who?” Brandon asked.

“The girl that’s with Mason.”

“Small world.” Victor muttered.

“Yeah, but I’m not sure if it is her.” She answered slowly. “I’m going over there.”

Chico’s eyebrows shot up. “Don’t!”

Turning she placed a hand on his shoulder. “It’s ok Valentino. I won’t be long.” She turned back to walk towards Mason and his crew but stopped in her tracks when a voice rung out.

“And where the hell do you think you’re going?!” Drake spat.

Tabitha tried her best to avoid speaking to him the whole thirty minutes that they’ve been on US-27 but of course the inventible happened. After the weird moment that they had at his apartment, she was starting to feel a bit weird around him because well, she was in love with his brother; not him. How the hell was she supposed to act around him after his initial confession?

Sighing, she reluctantly turned to the leader of her new crew and shrugged all the while avoiding his piercing green eyes. Pissing these boys off would be a bad choice at the moment; especially when she was already on their shit list. “No where.” She finally answered with a trace of annoyance and went to sit on the trunk of her deep purple Lexus LF-A.

“Amazing how he can shut her up so fast.” Victor muttered.

“Yeah. Wonder what his secret is. In high school we tried everything.” Brandon chuckled.