Chapter 19

THERE WAS PURE and utter silence during the drive back to Mason’s. Jason saw it coming though. He knew that once what they did had finally sunk in, she would have second thoughts. He could see it in the way her body stiffened as he helped her onto the passenger seat after their very hot make out session. She didn’t give Jason the satisfaction of even looking at him in the eyes. Not a word came from her lips. He tried to lighten up the sudden tension in the car by speaking to her but she completely shut down. She went mute and when a small frown placed itself on her forehead, Jason didn’t need to ask why because he knew exactly what had caused it.

Even if Mason was the devil reincarnated himself, he was still Machayla’s fiancé and putting her in a predicament where she ended up sneaking off into the early mornings with someone from his own crew would definitely not end well. Jason knew that pursuing Machayla wasn’t a smart thing to do but damn it all, he wanted to help her and he wanted her too... Badly!

After getting a little taste of her, he wanted more. God he wanted more. The little moans and groans that were coming from her made him so hot. Her passion match his head on and made him wonder how he could've stayed away from her and not do to her what his body wanted him to do for a whole month. But unfortunately it had to come to an end and they had to take a step back into reality.

He had to get her home in time before Mason came back. Taking a look at the dash board of the car where the clock was illuminated in green, he muttered a curse under his breath. Footing the gas he started to speed down the empty road.

“What’s wrong?” Machayla suddenly asked him with worry and accusation in her voice.

He stole a glance her way and immediately focused back on the road. “Nothing.” Jason uttered with slight irritation. He didn’t want her freaking out but he knew that once she took a look at the time, she was going to do exactly that.

Jason heard he gasped.

‘Damn! So much for not wanting her to freak out.’

“Jason!” she exclaimed.

“I know.”

“It’s almost four! What if he’s home already?”

“He’s not!” Jason answered her. ‘But I bet he’s almost there.’

“Damn it! I knew I should’ve stayed home instead of listening to you.”

Jason’s stomach dropped the second the words left her mouth. Gritting his teeth to keep from letting any emotions out, he pressed his foot harder on the gas; his hands tighten around the steering wheel so much so that they started to become white. The last thing he wanted was for her to regret what they did but the sad reality was that she did.

Sighing, he decided to try to make this right before he dropped her home. Jason’s right hand slid off the steering wheel and went to grab one of hers but she easily maneuvered her hands away from his reach. Her rejection stung. Turning his head in her direction, his brows came together in an irritated frown. Why was she being this way?

She deliberately looked forward and crossed her hand under her breast. “Drive the car Jason.” She muttered in a clipped tone.

Unfortunately for her, Jason was never one to give up. “Give me your hand.”

She ignored him.

“Machayla, please.” He was almost pleading. He wanted to at least be able to touch her since she was obviously trying her best to push him away again and no matter how close they sat to one another inside the vehicle, she might as well had been a hundred miles away with the way that she was acting.