Chapter 14

-Dedication for being just plain old awesome. Thanks for being the biggest fan to this story :) I greatly appreciatre it.

-------------------------

           MACHAYLA WOKE UP on Saturday morning with a splitting headache and the fact that she was meeting Mason’s mother for brunch today wasn’t helping. In fact, she was sure that it was partly if not the whole reason for her headache.

She tried her best to avoid speaking to the annoying woman that was soon to be her mother-in-law all week but thanks to Mason, she couldn’t put it off any longer. He forced her to settle on a meeting day this week to talk about the wedding plans.

Wedding plans. Ugh!

After a quick shower, she slipped on a floral sun dress along with white sandals and a tote bag and headed down the stairs. She had no idea where her fiancée –she shuddered at the thought—was. He woke up a few hours ago and told her that he would see her later but she knew that he was doing something pertaining to that racing crap that he did.

Machayla couldn’t understand how they could constantly endanger their lives just to get an ego boost and a name on a street that was't even theirs to claim. She shook her head as she stepped out of the house. Men; they would rather die before accepting defeat.

Slipping behind the wheel of her red Toyota, she pulled on her seat belt, checked her mirror and smiled despite the fact that she had to meet up with Mason’s mom. Her face and the rest of her body for that matter were free of any new bruises, cuts and fractured bones. Mason hasn’t put his hands on her for a whole week since being forced to move back in with him.

In the back of her mind, she wondered why he seemed so calm all week but she wasn’t going to complain. She was happy for the break.

She started up her car and headed towards Aventura where the posh restaurant that they were meeting in was located. She would rather be headed to Olive Garden for a nice meal but of course Mrs. Scott had to always have the best and most expensive crap there was. There wasn’t any  reason why a person should be spending more than a hundred dollars for a meal that hardly filled them up anyways.

Parking was impossible to find in Aventura so Machayla had to settle for parking two blocks away from her destination.

When she entered the restaurant, a waiter came to speak to her and she told him that she had “reservations” with an Eliza Scott and the waiter led her to a table right in the middle of the place where a frowning Eliza was waiting for her.

Machayla gave her a small smile before she went around the table and gave her a peck on the cheeks. “Hello Mrs. Scott.”

Machayla watched as the women scrunched up her face and replied with a “I hope you aren’t late to your own wedding little girl. Sit down. I’ve been postponing my food because of your lack of consistency.”

Machayla looked down at her watch and noticed that she was no more than six minutes late.

‘What’s with this boogie broad?! And did she just call me a little girl??’

She looked at the aging woman with liquid brown eyes and a head full of shoulder length dark brown curls and plastered a wry smile on her face. “I’m sorry Mrs. Scott but traffic was a bit hectic today.” Was Machayla’s lame excuse.

“Mmhh. So about the wedding, we need a wedding planner right away. Who do you plan on wearing for your dress? Vera Wang maybe and what color? It better be pure white. What is your theme and color for the reception and ceremony? Did you think about who your bridesmaids will be? I hope that you do not associate yourself with any fat, ugly or ghetto girls. This wedding will be classy and the event of the season. Speaking of season what month do you plan on having your nuptials? If you’re pregnant than let me know now so you won’t look like an elephant at your own wedding…” Eliza ranted without taking a breath.