21

Present day

"I still don't think this is a good idea" Rebekah paced the room, her hand running through her hair as she thought of he destruction that might be to come.

"what other choice do we have?" Elijah asked, knowing that for the right price, she'd agree.

"Look at him" Marcel pointed to the body of the vampire that he sat next to "look, I don't care who she is or what she has done, as long as she keeps my vampires safe, I'm okay with it"

"I agree" Hayley added onto Marcel's comment "these witches pose a threat to my daughter and my wolves; if she has the power to stop them, we should use it"

"Cassandra would never refuse an opportunity to massacre the witches" Elijah sighed as he knew that his instincts were correct, and so were Hayley's and so were Marcel's. In order to save his family and himself, he might have to put everyone in danger for one last time. "Where's Freya? We need a plan to keep her in line"

"Good idea; what is stopping her from getting out, escaping and finding the means to kill us all?" Rebekah asked as one last attempt to dissuade everyone without looking like the only one against the idea.

"I've been thinking of the answer to that question ever since I heard you bring the subject up" Freya waltzed in with a book in her arms and a box in her hand "I might not know much about this, but since I've been watching you for the year I was alive, I kind of grasped the gist of it"

"And what do you have in mind sister" Elijah turned around and saw Freya place the objects on the wooden table before her

"Some original New Orleans voodoo" she replied, her fingers worked around the very peculiar, bronzed lock around the small wooden box. Freya opened the lid and held in her hand a small voodoo doll, it was like any other doll you could find in a tacky New Orleans magic shop, one for the tourists. But knowing Freya, this doll had a deeper meaning.

"Say hello to our little Cassandra" she smiled, looking at the doll and then turning it to Elijah "this is a dark object, strong enough to link the strangest of creatures, this is how we'll be controlling her"

Elijah took a step forward, feeling everyone's eyes burn into the back of his head. He knew he'd be leading the charge here, he was the one that suggested it, he was the one that brought her into their lives. He'd be making all of the decisions from now on. He took the doll into his hand, it seemed smaller than it looked in Freya's tiny hands, but he could feel the power it held. "Kol's?" He asked

"From when Kol wanted to torture more powerful witches from the comfort of his own home" Freya outlined the backstory of the doll. "he wrote instructions within this book, so I can link the witch with the doll and if she gets out of line, I can drive a pin into the chest of the doll therefore causing pain to the physical being"

Elijah knew one simple spell wouldn't be enough to keep the girl down. She'd find a way, and then she'd find a million other ways to take down that one spell. What Cassandra needed to be was overwhelmed, they needed to put more spells on her and give her more than one thing to focus on, if she was so desperate to escape. In that time Freya would realise one spell had been taken down and Cassandra would be killed on the spot.

"and then there are these; as I know you won't feel safe with just one spell..." Freya sighed, she looked at Elijah and saw straight through him, knowing what he was about to say. "This liquid circulates her body, it will never leave until I take it out myself, it allows me to locate her at all times, and with the special help of this extra ingredient, if she steps anywhere outside of the border of New Orleans, she will be temporarily stunned and I will be notified; giving me enough time to get her and lock her away"

Freya slammed a jar of Amber liquid on the table beside the book. Her eyebrow raised and a smirk wiped across her face "happy?" She asked "because that's all I could think off, unless, of course you want me to tie strings to her wrists and walk her around like a puppet?"

"No, of course not" Elijah replied, trying to show how appreciative he was to all of Freya's hard work. She'd even pre made the elixir, without Elijah even having to ask.

"The puppet thing does sound pretty appetising" Rebekah shouted in the background "I'm not going to feel safe for as long as she is around, what will she eat? Surely not any of our men"

"We'll have to find some others, create new vampires, send for prisoners to be released" Elijah thought, though it was going to be tough.

"Whilst we're at it, why not throw a few newspapers on the floor and put down a bowl of water since we are going to have to treat her like a pet" Klaus replied, and his point was valid "but at least she'll know how to use the toilet"

"this is serious, Niklaus" Elijah said. And it was going to be hard, to keep her in line, to act as if she were a child. But somehow, deep down, every time Elijah thought of it, he knew he could do it.

He wasn't sure how, be he knew he would be able to.