39

Elijah got back to his room after the events of tonight, he wriggled his fingers underneath his tie and loosened the knot, taking the end of the tie and untangling it so it just hung over his shoulders.

He whipped his jacket off and hung it over the chair before running his fingers through his neatly combed hair. He was just so confused with everything, he had the chance to stop it all or he had the chance to give it a go. One one hand, Rebekah despises her and she is very unpredictable, on the other hand, who cares? She was there now, she wanted to be with him and she promised change.

There were too many things to consider here, what would be best? Should he make a list of pros and cons? Flip a coin?

He turned to his bed, he needed to sleep on it. But something sat there, a small jar and a note leaning up against it. On one side it said drink me and the other side there was a note. Elijah, if you want to know what I was like, drink this, no supernatural split, no blood drinking monsters.

He didn't need a signature at the end of the note, he knew who it was from. He lifted the jar up and swilled there liquid about, how on earth would it show him? But he shouldn't really question it because in this day and age almost anything is possible. Maybe it would make his decision a bit more easier.

Elijah unscrewed the lid and drank from the jar, he wasn't sure what he tasted, but it did sting for a little bit as it went down his throat.

And then he collapsed.

He awoke in the bayou, the sun was just rising and the air was sharp and cold, just like those old New Orleans mornings he enjoyed so much, but this time, there were no bodies, no scares, no wars. It was complete bliss, if this was what the 1700's was like, Elijah sure as hell wouldn't want to leave.

He let out a smile, and then a laugh, she was a clever one for doing this. Elijah looked down at his attire and realised it was the exact same as when they had first met, and then he looked whereabouts he was. To his left was a small cottage, it was clean and bright, quaint, something nice to look at, it was of course, Cassandra's.

He looked through the window and saw it empty, of course she didn't reside in there just yet, but it was nice to see it in its prime, no blood splatters on the wall, no dark atmosphere.

Elijah left the cottage quickly and took off into town, it was completely stress free, Niklaus wasn't there to cause any commotions nor Rebekah, Elijah felt like his own person. He strode past the strangers in the town square, smiling and nodding as they locked gazes, this was completely out of his character, but it wasn't everyday you get to visit an improved version of your past.

He reached familiar territory, the path that lead into the small village like area the witches resided. The trees were a bright shade of green as the sun shone upon them, everything was the same as they were, but for some reason it was so different at the same time.

Elijah was interrupted by two girls giggling in the distance, their voices becoming louder with every second until Elijah saw them. There was a blonde haired girl, and a brown haired one too.

Elijah firstly recognised the blonde to be the one he executed, Eloise. And the other one to be...

"Cassandra" Elijah couldn't help but blurt out her name as she approached him, ready to overtake him, her arm linked in with her best friend's as they were deep in conversation. But she stopped, and looked at him oddly.

"Excuse me, do I know you?" She asked with furrowed eyebrows

Elijah stumbled over his words, she seemed so innocent standing right in front of him, so outspoken at the same time with just that one question. He could see the difference in them, the before and the after, but he could also see how Cassie had kept some of her virtues.

"I believe not" Elijah couldn't think of anything "pardon me"

"But, you have just said my name?" She asked again, stopping Elijah from walking away "how did you know it?"

"I-" he stopped "I'm a friend of your parents" Elijah just completely made it up, knowing there was no do overs, this day (without Elijah) could have actually been a real day in Cassandra's life. However she probably would have walked without interruption into town with Eloise, but it was all changed to fit Elijah in.

"Oh, is it Elijah? My parents were discussing your arrival into the city sometime soon" she said to Elijah's relief, Cassandra had thought of everything when she made the spell "you seem to be early, they are otherwise engaged in some business of theirs, may I accompany you? They'd be pleased to know I've given you a personal tour of the town"

"That would be amazing" Elijah smiled.

"Apologies, Eloise" she turned to the blonde "re-schedule?"

After the girls had finished, Cassie walked on, her fingers linked behind her back "aren't you coming?" She turned to the vampire who stood still, watching her every move.

"Of course" Elijah walked speedily after her to catch her up. "So, Cassandra, tell me about yourself?"

"What is there to say?" She replied "I am a practising witch, well some sort of witch, I'm sure my mother filled you in through her letters"

"Ah yes, I recall her mentioning a siphoner within the family" he played along with the story she had chosen.

"Yes, but that does not define who I am, some of my coven think my power to be a blessing just because of it being different to the others, they don't understand how much of a burden it is to find a constant source of power" she explained "as I said, I am not just a siphoner, I am a nineteen year old who enjoys writing, reading, gardening, I am very lucky that my mother taught me when I was younger, the majority of the town cannot read nor write"

"What do you write?" He asked, Cassandra had never ever told him any of that "and why do you enjoy gardening, apologies for the questions"

"I only write small entries, I enjoy writing about real life, real people, I write about myself, my day and unique individuals I meet along my travels, maybe you'd be in it soon" she listed "and I enjoy planting flowers as I can see something start from just a small seedling come to life as a beautiful being, a rose, a sunflower, anything"

They were only small things she was talking about, but it have Elijah an insight to how she used to be, it upset him how he'd never seen her write nor read or garden, and it devastated him to remember her cottage in the woods, it was completely baron.

"Do you know what date it is?" Elijah trailed off from the conversation, he didn't want to seem too forward.

"I believe it is June 7th" she replied with a smile

The date seemed familiar to him, something was happening soon, or something had already happened. And then he recalled, in just a days time, the girl stood in front of him with child-like wonder, infatuated by the world and the people inside of it, would be broken. Elijah saw her in a completely different light, flashing to the memories she showed him in the cell, of when she was pained, when they experimented on her and cast the spell to make her what she was.

She chose the last day she was ever normal.