27

The crowd stopped and looked towards Cassie in silence. She didn't know what to say, even Lucien could tell they all hated her, and she didn't want to make it known, but it actually kind of hurt. But why should she? Why should she be hurt, Cassandra was portrayed to be this relentless monster, why should she be anything else?

Well for starters, she shouldn't be helping them but this was for her freedom. Then she could ascend upon whoever she wanted. Once this was all over, she could be attack and maim anyone she desired.

She looked down at the red on her finger and knew she had to be quick if she wanted to use the blood in her concoction. So she sped upstairs and dipped her finger in the glass, it stung a little, she didn't know whether it was just the lemon juice or the ingredients formed together. Hopefully it wouldn't sting when she drank it.

Elijah wasn't too far behind, just out of plain curiosity of what she was about to do and what might happen, as well as distrust, he didn't know what she could make up.

"Well that was lucky" Cassie realised Elijah was in the doorway, if he weren't then she would have showed the slightest bit of fear, she could have let out the breath she was holding. "It's a good job I think quick otherwise I wouldn't have had the blood"

"I need to see what you'll see" Elijah didn't bother to ask if she was okay, she seemed peachy. "Split the liquid so I can see it for myself"

"I-I-I can't split the liquid, there's barely enough blood here for one" she argued, stumbling over her words "don't you trust me?"

"trust is a very hard thing to obtain, it was something you lost long ago" Elijah retaliated

Cassandra had a better argument up her sleeve, but she wanted to save that for a time more relevant, not arguments over petty things like this. "The only way you can see what I'll see is if you make a physical connection, drink my blood"

She held her wrist out and urged him to take it "either my wrist, or somewhere a bit more intimate" Cassie flicked her hair back, knowing she was agitating him just with the sight of her bare neck.

Elijah growled, he took her wrist and bit into it, draining blood as soon as he pierced her skin. Cassie quickly grasped the glass and drank all of the liquid, it was absolutely disgusting.

moriturus pro omnibus vobis diabolus est , et tu non effugies

Cassie could see blurred visions when she closed her eyes. She heard the words repeat over and over again.

Visions of women in large dresses from the 1700's and men in their old suits occurred, then it switched to visions of red, blood everywhere on the bayou floor, Cassie saw herself.

Taking a closer look, stepping forward she watched as the second version of herself convulsed on the floor, her skin stained with blood and her eyes widened. She couldn't see properly, and it seemed like in this vision world, she was truly alone. Though Elijah was watching from a distance, it was like a film she starred in that he was watching. She felt it all, he didn't.

Cassie took a closer look at the part of the skin that seemed to have writing on. Scratched into her arm, very deeply, were four letters; E, N, F and R.

Cassie wasn't slow, she immediately linked them to the first initials of the breathing Mikaelson siblings. And it was a good job for after she clicked, a mysterious force had begun to write over those letters on her arm.

Cassie didn't realise but her body had stopped moving, it had stopped breathing and her heart had stopped beating. She was too busy watching the word 'death' etched over the initials, showing that the Mikaelson's will fall. And so would she, for Cassandra watched her still body for a few seconds. But in this vision world, nothing would ever be quiet.

She heard Elijah's scream, Cassandra's head snapped to where it was coming from as she shouted "Elijah"

But she was only greeted with familiar laughs,  she could see a woman. And she knew who it was though her mind wasn't allowing her to remember.

And then she saw her face, as well as a group of men and women stood behind her like she saw in the beginning of the vision. And then, of course she saw Lucien Castle himself, in all of his glory; though this time she didn't see him as confident as what he was. She saw him as a puppet, his neck all floppy and strings attached to his wrists, being pulled in synchronisation with the dainty fingers of the witch that stood before. she was controlling him.

And finally, Cassandra recognised them.

"We're all doomed" She jumped back into reality with a sigh, not leaving any time whatsoever free for a breath. It was a reflex, her immediate thought blurted out as soon as she opened her eyes.

Elijah stared ahead in disbelief, what he saw was behind confusing, he shook his head as he tried to make sense of what had happened.

You only saw; you didn't feel any of that. You didn't feel alone, you didn't feel terrified. She wanted to tell him what she thought, to make him feel bad about the cruel way she's been treated. But she stayed quiet, Cassandra didn't want to ruin her status by telling him how her heart raced when she heard his cry for help.

But what Elijah wasn't saying was, he didn't feel it but he heard the beating of her pulse when she heard him cry. He could see the worry in her face, and that was what confused him most of all. She was heartless and emotionless, why was she so scared?

"What?" He asked, shaking those thoughts from his head- maybe another time, but he needed to piece together what he had just saw.

"It's not Lucien that we need to worry about" she muttered quietly, her expression turning darker. Cassie shut her eyes, took a deep breath in and looked towards Elijah "it's who created him"