31

Cassandra walked back into the compound, she was open minded and feeling a lot less tense than she had ever felt. She finally saw something in Elijah, like even though he swore they were only working together because of his family and her freedom, she saw how he cared enough to show her that she was a strong vampire. That half an hour meant the world.

"The witches are much too strong; what we are doing is too dangerous"

Cassandra heard Rebekah's voice upstairs, and she wasn't one to eavesdrop, but Cassandra did wonder what they spoke about when she weren't there.

"what exactly are you getting on to Rebekah?" Elijah replied

"I mean, if we somehow defeat the witches, we still have to make good on our promise of releasing that heretic into the world" Rebekah ranted "it's too dangerous, she'll lose control"

"Pfft" Klaus added "she has never had control and you know it"

Cassandra's interest renewed with each and every word she heard. They were obviously speaking about her, who else did they know that was a heretic? Nobody.

She knew if she'd stay and listen, she'd probably get hurt. But she just couldn't help it.

"Yes and this is what I'm worrying about; maybe she'll come back for us, find a way to repay us for what we did to her" Rebekah listed "or some poor town will feel the wrath and suffer under her thumb until she is bored and moves on. How many people have to suffer?"

She wasn't that bad, was she? Cassandra held her own, that was until she heard Elijah's voice once more.

"Nobody will have to suffer because of her"

At first, Cassandra actually had it in her mind that Elijah would be sticking up for her, she thought he'd say that nobody will have to suffer because she can control herself.

"Cassandra is what I'd like to call collateral damage, dear sister. And if the witches or Lucien does not kill her before we defeat them, well I guess we will"

"She is a monster" Rebekah continued "I'd be happy to"

Cassandra almost heard her heart break in two. Was she really that bad? She found herself looking straight into a full length mirror of herself as she listened to them slandering her like she was just nothing to them.

She took a step back and looked at herself as she kept hearing the words 'monster' and 'murder' fly around. She had feelings, but right now she wish she didn't. These past few days have softened her, this new found freedom had weakened her into someone that would sit back and take it.

But looking in the mirror now, when she wanted to show them how much of a good person she was. All she could see was a monster.

Cassie looked inside the mirror, seeing herself dressed in her 18th century attire, her long flowing hair draping over her shoulders and her corset style dress pulled tight. At a first glance, she looked how she used to look, before anything happened. But at a second glance, the reflection was covered in blood, her dress, her hands, her face.

She tried rubbing it off, but it wasn't real, this was only a figment of her imagination. But it was the spitting image of how she believed everyone perceived her to be. Dead eyes, pale skin, no feelings. She didn't even have to turn her emotions off to not feel, it just came naturally.

Luckily, nobody had really seen her soften, and she did promise herself now that she would never allow that to happen ever again. Cassandra was tough and if they spoke of her as a monster, she'd certainly match descriptions. She would be the worst monster they had ever seen, and she'd be strong enough to survive this. Even if she did have to kill a few witches to stop the Mikaelson's from linking her to a doll.

Collateral damage, maybe some others can be classed as collateral damage. Would they believe her? Or are they too eager to kill her?

She felt a fiery rage fule her, it travelled through her veins and burnt her skin. She gritted her teeth, and knew the only way she could relieve this tension that's built up.

"Cassandra" Elijah had walked down the stairs after finishing their conversation "are you alright?"

She immediately turned around and made it look like she had only just got back in. Her saddened expression now hardened, like normal for her.

"Peachy" she smiled "I'm just dropping my things back and then going out to eat"

"We spoke about this" Elijah replied "I can give you all of the blood here, but you can't attack innocent vampires or wolves"

"Yes, I know we spoke about that" she agreed "but I'm not really a rule follower, and if there's someone alone in the bayou, well, it's fair game, if they can't fight back then they're mine"

"You can't, Cassandra"

"How can you ask that of me? Not to feed and to deny my basic instinct? I'm a monster Elijah, you know that"

And with that she fled, before she actually did something she regretted.