46

"What do you mean, they've given you extra time?" Rebekah asked as she sat on the edge of the table.

"I shut my eyes and I saw visions of Lucien castle, I saw visions of unfamiliar faces..." she shook her head "I know what I have to do"

"They've told me how to kill him, I'm still cursed to death but I now have the chance to redeem myself before I go, I have the chance to kill him" Cassandra listed, looking down at her bite mark.

"And how do you kill him?" Elijah asked

"With this" she still felt weak, she still looked awful but she could actually sit up, she could actually stand. She held her arm out and showed the bite again "I'm not sure why but it does, mixed with my witch, vampire blood it creates something powerful. All I have to do is a spell and I can defeat him. But I have to have a firm grasp on his heart"

"We could do that" klaus shrugged "he can't kill you because you're already dying anyway"

"Wow Klaus, very sympathetic" She pushed off Elijah's leg and stood, it took Cassie a minute to find her feet again. "But, we're gonna have to do this pretty snappily, I can still feel the venom in my veins."

"Freya, can you locate him?" Elijah asked, holding onto Cassandra in case she took a turn for the worst.

"Sure, but I'll need something belonging to him"

"Take some of this" Cassie walked over to the table and held her arm out "after all, it does have his venom in it"

Freya took some blood from the wound and dropped it into the ingredients that Rebekah and Niklaus had stumbled to get quickly. It didn't take too long to figure out, the visions helped greatly "he's in the bayou, far from
The Wolves. I'm not sure why, but he's there"

"Okay" Cassie pushed herself away "I'll be back soon" she made to say her goodbyes again but Elijah took her back.

"You surely aren't stupid enough to go this alone, are you?" He asked

"Well, yes, but it's my fight, not yours" she stumbled over her words as she tried to think of a perfect excuse apart from 'I'm already dead, you're not'

"The last time I let you go alone, you practically got yourself killed" Elijah kept a tight grip on her "I'm coming with you"

"And if your fate is to end like mine, then how can I lie in peace knowing you died because you interfered with my task?" She snapped back.

"Then we'll be at peace together" the room fell silent as Elijah gave a strong reply "maybe I do not want to live with myself knowing it was my foolishness that let you go alone, that it was my foolishness who looked past your true self and perceived you to be a monster. I wasted three hundred years without you, at least let me be by your side as you defeat our foe."

"I want to be by your side too" Rebekah stepped forward. And then Niklaus and then Freya. They all stood united like a true family.

"Then if you are all to be with me, you must let me lure him out alone. Let me do this myself but you all stay in the shadows to watch if things go wrong" she proposed "can we all agree on that?"

All three of them looked at each other and nodded their heads. "What ingredients do you need if you are to beat Lucien?" Klaus asked, ready to quickly collect anything they had available.

"Nothing" she shrugged "just myself and that is enough, well that's what they told me anyway. Unless they just want to prolong my suffering as well as have quite a show fighting against Lucien in my current state"

"I'm still not sure why they've done this, you've murdered almost a coven" Rebekah couldn't really see sense in their actions and she wasn't quite certain why Cassie had to endure more of this life to carry out something more.

"I was never against the ancestors, Rebekah. Maybe they dislike me for I am dead yet I still breathe but if so, the enemy of my enemy is my friend" Cassandra spoke "yes the ancestors seek to destroy vampires but not in the ways of what Dianne and her people were doing, they were using poor and defenceless witches to their advantage, killing them, changing them, moulding them into something unnatural. They only seek my redemption, that's why I believe this chance has been given to me"

"I was never really your enemy all along, if you think about it I was saving you from them all... whilst occasionally feeding on a few of your men, or women" she continued "now, please before my legs cannot hold my weight any more"