30

The next day, Cassandra thought she would make use of this new vampire gym at St. Anne's church. Especially now she knew what she was up against.

Her grunts echoed through the empty room as her foot kicked the top of the punching bag, it swung higher and then as it toppled back to her, she punched it. Then she started again, right fist, left fist, foot, punch, kick.

She huffed and puffed and grunted and moaned, a sweat broke from her forehead. She needed something if her magic was made redundant, if she can't boil someone's blood, she could surely punch someone hard enough their neck would snap. It also helped her let out some frustration, against everything in her life.

She punched the red, leather bag once more; but this time it didn't fling far back like it had. It seemed as if someone had caught it.

Elijah held the bag in his hands and dropped it, so it swung slowly until it stopped. Cassandra peered from behind the bag, giving him a deathly glare as he stared back.

"Are you going to tell me exactly what you were told yesterday?" He asked. Of course; Elijah had been after the information Cassie had been told yesterday, but she didn't want to tell anything to anyone, it didn't concern them as much.

"The usual conversation between chaotic evil and lawful evil" she replied, blowing a piece of hair out of her eyeline. "Loads of threats"

"Now I want specifics" Elijah stopped her from punching the bag once more "somethings obviously gotten you tense, you seem angrier than usual"

Cassie huffed again, her gloved hands balled up into fists as she gritted her teeth.

"I know you..." Elijah looked at her "...partially. I know when you've got something on your mind"

"They want me on their side" Cassandra admitted, she shrugged her shoulders as if to say 'happy?' "They told me that they can fix me if I joined them; they even got my mother to try and convince me"

"your mother?" He asked, knowing how close they were, he believed that Cassie told him once before, and it was a great pawn to play to try and get her on their side. He cleared his throat "what did you say?"

"I looked my mother straight in the eye, and I told her to go to hell" she replied coldly "and that's why I'm here..."

Cassie punched the bag out of Elijah's hands and kicked it up high, trying to focus on her work and then non verbally tell Elijah to politely, get the hell out.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Elijah edged backwards to avoid being hit by the punching bag or Cassandra herself. But Cassandra didn't reply and it became clearer by the second why she didn't say anything. Well, there were a few reasons why, and Elijah found the more
Obvious one.

He caught the bag again and pulled it away, so he could see her. "Cassandra, you cannot single-handedly take down a coven of witches hell bent on our destruction"

"I've done it before" she said quietly "why can't I do it again?"

"Because they're stronger now, they have more people. If you take them on alone then it is nothing more than a death wish" he lectured "they aren't going to hold back in hopes of you helping them this time, they aren't scared of you anymore"

"Why not?" She asked "I'm terrifying"

Elijah looked down at the small 5'3" girl with wide child-like eyes and a cute smile "personality wise" he corrected her

"But, I need to strengthen up anyway" she replied "it's either this or I go absolutely insane on a unsuspecting vampire"

"You're stronger than you think, you know?" Elijah asked, seeing how she put herself down, she had been controlling her hunger well, he was surprised.

"I don't think I am" she laughed "I'm strong with my magic, not physically"

"It's basic nature for vampires" Elijah informed her "we're naturally good fighters, we're all survivors"

"You might be; but as you remember, I've not had the time to be a proper vampire. You locked me up" she replied

Elijah stepped backwards and intertwined his fingers within the cage wiring, he pulled the door to and stood beside it, motioning for her to step inside.

"You want me...to fight you?" She asked in disbelief, how could she ever outmatch an original vampire. Especially without magic. Elijah nodded his head in return "but won't Freya stab that doll if she realises what's happening?"

"She won't know" Elijah shrugged, watching as Cassie stepped into the ring. Elijah shut the door after her and whipped of his jacket, throwing it, so it hung over the cage. He then proceeded to undo his cuff links and roll his sleeves up.

Cassandra edged back slowly, her hands behind her and she held the cage wire, taking a moment to compose herself. How is she actually going to win?

"Don't go easy on me, promise?" She reminded herself to keep up appearances, act like the cocky little girl everyone hates. Because that's all anyone would ever see her as, that monster who ruined everyone's lives, witches, wolves and vampires.

"Oh, I promise" Elijah wanted her to be the one to make the first move, he stayed for a moment and tried to figure out what her first move would actually be. Would she lunge forward? Giving him enough time to smack her away? It seemed more likely, but then again, he could never actually read her.

Instead, she took him by surprise, speeding to his side and grasping his wrist firmly. Cassandra pulled down and managed to flip the original vampire onto his back, Elijah immediately shot up, back onto his feet with his tie hanging over his shoulder. "Good move"

"I know" she half smiled, raising her eyebrows and watched Elijah make his move. He went to mirror what she had already done, attempting to grasp her hand, but she pulled it away before his fist could clench together. Cassie then used that hand to spin Elijah around and fold it against his back, completely disabling him forms few seconds.

But Elijah would always bounce back, when she least expected it, he pushed his whole body back, forcing her to let go. Elijah used his now free arms to trap her against the cage wires, her head bounced off and stopped as the sound of the cage echoed.

She looked down, not in a look of defeat, she had one more trick up her sleeve, Cassie pushed Elijah back, taking hold of his tie and spinning him around, so now he was the one pinned up.

"I told you" Elijah had officially given up, he glanced at the clock and realised they had been at it for half an hour or more. It seemed like five minutes. "You're a fighter"

Cassie stepped back and let him go, dropping him to the floor. "I guess you were right" she broke their lengthened gaze off as she tucked her hair behind her ears and just looked away.

"Aren't I always?" Elijah let out a small laugh, he exited the cage and draped his jacket over his arm, it was much too warm to wear the jacket now. But before he made his escape, he turned around. "We've planned a formal event, in two days time, to size up our enemy, just so you are aware"

"Is this some sort of invite?" She asked, tying her hair up into a messy ponytail

"Well, we wouldn't be alliances if you weren't there" Elijah stepped back slightly, doing that stupid half smile that would melt anyone.

"Alright"