Playing Hard To Get

I woke up the next morning slowly starting to feel the hangover set in. My head hurt but only slightly. It took me a few minutes to remember what actually happened when I got home last night. Then everything came crashing back to my thoughts. Every word, every movement and proclamation of love and then the kiss. The oh so sweet kiss that completely altered my world. After she stopped kissing me we stood back and just took every feature in until it was engraved in every part of our memory and then Arizona left, without another word. I just hoped she didn't regret it this morning.

I swung my legs out over the bed and rubbed my feet through the shaggy carpet, stretching my arms into the sky. Arizona and I were both on nights tonight so it gave us the day to figure things out. I threw on a comfy pair of navy sweats and my favorite grey t-shirt with NAVY printed in bold letters on the front. My Dad gave it to me after he retired from the marine corps. I threw my dark chestnut hair up into a messy bun and made my way to the door of my room. I stood just outside the door and leaned against the frame. Arizona was just leaving her room and she copied my stance against her door frame.

"Morning" I said quietly

"Hey you" she smiled shyly

We didn't speak for a moment. We just stood there. Taking it all in.

"You want some breakfast?" I finally broke the silence

"Sure" she replied sweetly

We walked into the kitchen and I began to cook some eggs and bacon for the both of us while Arizona sat there. Just watching me with a huge grin on her face.

"So" I started as I looked up from the frying pan

"Last night" Arizona finished my sentence

"I didn't scare you off did I?" I joked

"Not a chance" Arizona laughed "you don't regret saying those things do you?" she asked concerned

"Not a chance" I gave a huge grin "I meant every word" I said as I placed the food onto two plates and walked around to Arizona handing her one

"I want to give us a try" I said as I leaned in to kiss her

"Me too" she whispered, her eyes still closed after our lips disconnected

I walked to the other side of the table and sat down. We began eating and soon cleared the plates. I picked up both plates and cutlery and placed them in the dish washer.

"Does this mean you're staying?" Arizona broke the silence this time

"Oh shit!" I cursed "I completely forgot about the transfer! I'll go in and talk to Webber"

"Good" she smiled as she stood up from the table and made her way towards me "I'm not letting you leave me after how long you've made me wait" she said playfully as she drew nearer to me

"You're never getting rid of me now" I whispered with a smile as I grabbed her waist and pulled her towards me, laughing as she let out a little squeal

I kissed her softly on the lips and pulled away. She stood there and pouted her bottom lip clearly expecting more. I gave a small laugh at her reaction and removed my arms from around her waist. She could wait a little while longer, I decided to tease her. I walked away without saying another word. I took a quick glance back to see Arizona staring at me with one eyebrow raised, looking dumbfounded. She soon snapped out of it and passed me out to walk into her room. She closed the door behind her and I couldn't keep away. I opened the door quietly and saw her looking out her window, smiling to herself. She was the perfect picture. I came up behind her and quickly wrapped my arms around her, lifting her into the air and swinging her onto the bed. She couldn't hold back the laughter as I hovered above her, just taking all of her in.

"I'm not very good at playing hard to get" I joked

"I'm pretty irresistible" Arizona laughed

"That's quite true" I smiled as I leaned in and began placing kisses down her neck

I made my way down to her collar bone and down to the line where her underwear covered her breasts. I looked up with a wicked gleam in my eyes and she flashed her brilliant smile at me. I began to slowly remove her top and pull it off over her head. I went back to placing kisses down her stomach all the way to the rim of her jeans. She looked down at me, pressing me to move on further. I went back up to her lips and gave them one last peck before whispering in her ear.

"Your wish is my command"

I moved back down and unbuttoned her jeans. Letting them fall to her ankles. Just as I was about to remove her underwear I heard her take a huge intake of air and I knew I had her exactly where I wanted her. Just as she thought she was going to get what she had been longing, I stood up and looked at my watch.

"Oh would you look at that! Its almost midday, I better get going if I want to see Webber" I gave a teasing smile as I saw her face drop

"You've got to be kidding me" she yelled as she slammed her head back against the sheets

I let out a laugh as I swaggered out of the room and closed the door behind me. Who was I kidding? I'm the queen of playing hard to get.