Chapter 1: An Important Phone Call

So, right now I'm going through the editing process so bear with me. Thanks!

_____________

I was sitting on the couch watching a stupid TV show about a guy who fell in love with a girl, but it was forbidden or something stupid like that. I turned the TV off when the phone rang. My foster mother ran into the living room mouthing the words: Its for you. I sighed and reached for the phone.

"Hello?" I asked as I pressed the phone to my ear.

"Hello. I'm Headmaster Petra of SH High School. I would like to offer you a full scholarship to my prestigious high school." the voice replied. I was completely stunned. I didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anything.

Several seconds later the voice came again, "Are you still there?"

"Oh..uhm..yes. Sorry Ma'am." I replied.

"So, do you accept the scholarship?" she asked

"I will have to ask my foster mom." I replied truthfully.

If I was honest I would say I didn't want to go to this 'prestigious' school. I didn't want to leave behind all my friends. I didn't like boarding schools that much, either. I wouldn't know anybody there. I would have thought my foster mom would say no to the scholarship, but her answer surprised me.

I ran into the kitchen where she was cooking dinner and handed her the phone. I headed back to the couch and changed the channel to the food network since I had nothing else to do. Only moments later did my foster mom come back in with a huge grin on her face. "You start school tomorrow. Go pack and I'll take you to the boarding school."

"Wait...you said yes?" I asked stunned.

"No, I was just going to let you pass on this opportunity at a free scholarship." She said sarcastically. "Of course I said yes!"

I groaned on the inside. If I had a pillow I would have yelled into it. However, I just stood there and gave a fake smile.

"Yay." I said as enthusiastically as I dared. My foster mom frowned for a second before heading back into the kitchen.

I headed upstairs to my room and packed. I was in the middle of packing when I felt something I had never felt before. It was like a huge shudder down my spine, but it racked my body. I would have screamed out in terror, but I couldn't get a sound out. All I heard was a call of a hawk. It was gone as soon as it had come. I was breathing heavily and I looked at the ground. There was a hawk feather on the floor next to me. Where did this come from? Where did that hawk screech come from? Did I do that? I had a load of questions on my mind at the moment, but I forced myself to push them to the back of my mind and focus on packing.

After I finished packing, I heard my foster mom call from downstairs, "Are you ready, Aliana?"

"Yes." I called back and headed downstairs with my suit case.

She smiled at me and ushered me to the car. It started raining once I slammed the car door shut. I watched as the rain drops filled my vision and the car started moving towards my new life.

We got to a hotel at about eight pm and we dragged out butts into the room. I collapsed on the bed and my foster mother headed straight for the shower. I have the boarding school in the morning. Ugh. Why does this have to happen to me now, when I was just getting on fine at my old school. I even made friends with the popular girls. Well there went my chance at popularity. I sighed and closed my eyes as I drifted off to sleep.