Chapter 12: Rumors and Attacks

A few months went by and finally Halloween was here. I smiled. We had caught only three villains apart from Frostbite. 

There was Poison Arrow, who was able to manipulate poison into anything. He used arrows to attack us. Luckily, we found an antidote to the poison. Had we not found it, Ender would be dead. 

A poison arrow had struck his side and a blackish green spread throughout his body and his veins. Charley, being smart as he is, was able to figure out that bay leaves were the cure. Believe me, I know it sounds strange, but it's true. I didn't know how he figured out the cure, but no one questioned it. 

He made a poultice and spread it on Ender's wound. Ender screamed in pain and luckily we had made the attic lab sound proof. After a few hours the blackish green started leaving his body and he got better. Sure, it took him three weeks to recover, but he was okay and that's all that mattered.

Bilbo had taken Poison Arrow down with his hand so there wasn't anything we could do about him. 

The next villain was Foxy. The fight with her happened on a cold September evening. She was a shapeshifter like me, but she could only transform into a larger than life black fox. Her bite was sharp. I found that out for myself.

When we were fighting, her she ignored the others and went straight for me. She could sense I was somewhat like her and bit my arm. Charley and Ender did a super punch to her to make her let go, but my arm was bleeding a lot. Luckily, my speedy healing started up, but I wasn't able to take much part in the battle. It took three days for me to recover fully, but once I was fully healed, I was able to go at it again.

Delaney was able to knock Foxy out and we took her to the people who were in charge of taking the villains to a place they will never escape. 

Our last fight happened last week. He was a cyborg. Not your ordinarily cyborg, though. He was able to take over human bodies and use them so he could take the human race down. Delaney was the only one who could get a hit on him. She was the only one who could damage him.

Charley and I waited for Del to rip off the control panel to the cyborg. After she did that, we ran in and destroyed the most important wires, the ones he needed to stay alive or umm, awake. His eyes went dead and he let go of the body he had possessed. The boy was a little older than twelve. He said he was sorry he let the Cyborg take him over. Luckily, the boy was okay and was reunited with his family. 

Ender had this thing where he would find a souvenir from every battle. He said he got it from a TV show or whatever. So, from Frostbite, he took a piece of the bomb. From Poison Arrow, he took the arrow that had pierced his side. From Foxy, he had a patch of her fur. And lastly, from the cyborg, he took the cyborg's head. He had a whole bookcase filled with these...souvenirs. We thought it was creepy, but he said not to judge so we didn't. 

Life at the high school didn't really change. We were still taught everything about powers and fighting. Salem got the hang of her gadgets to where the professors considered her part of the team, finally. Salem was very happy that day.

I walked towards the courtyard to get away from things. They weren't kidding when they said being a superhero was hard work. Of course, we all knew what we were getting into when we started. 

I spotted Delaney and Bilbo talking as they walked towards the fountain. I was about to get up and talk to them, but stopped when I saw they weren't heading my way. I sighed and felt someone sit down next to me. I turned to my left and came face to face with Ender. I screamed and jumped back off the bench.

"Aliana! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He said and held his hand out for me to grab. I took it and he pulled me up. I brushed myself off and sat back down.

"It's quite alright." I said

"You saw Del and Bilbo too right?" He asked

"Yea, what do you think's going on between the two?" I asked him

"Well, I heard Del was helping him with his studies." Ender replied

"I don't believe in rumors." I stated

"Hey, I didn't say it was a rumor." He said

"I know." I answered

The bell rang signaling the end of free period. I groaned and got up from the bench.

"Well off to our next-" I stopped when Chirpy came running.

"Guys! Bilbo and Delaney have been attacked! Charley needs us in the attic now!" She yelled. 

Ender and I looked at each other before rushing off after Chirpy.