Chapter 10: The Attic

I walked towards the fountain outside in the courtyard because our group decided to meet to go over things. We had decisions we needed to make. I walked towards the benches and sat next to Charley. He smiled at me and we sat in silence as we waited for the others. It was quite awkward. I sighed and decided to find something to talk about.

"So..What's your favorite class?" I asked him.

He looked at me and pushed his glasses back to the bridge of his nose.

"I'm not sure. I mean, it's been a week, but all the teachers are strict. That one teacher won't stop being rude to Salem. It makes me angry that she picks on Salem just because she has no power. She is part of this group and she will stay part of this group no matter what that stupid teacher says." He said.

"Wow. I never thought you would be the person to rant." I commented amused.

"Heh..:well I do when I'm mad." He said. They others walked up and smiled.

"Hey guys." Delaney said

"Hey Del." I said

"So, team leader..what do we need to decide?" Salem asked Charley.

"We need to know if we are going to be a superhero team. Like are we going to fight crime or just learn in case something comes up?" He asked.

"I say superhero team. I'm sure I can get us hooked up to get notifications from the police station." Ender said

"I could hack into the security footage of the police station and the school." I added

"Great idea, not! That's illegal." Salem said

"I say we go for it." Chirpy spoke.

"I-I agree w-with Salem. W-w shouldn't b-be g-getting ourselves a-arrested." Bilbo decided to speak up.

"Hmm. What do you think Del?" Charley asked

"Let's go for it." She said with enthusiasm gleaming in her eyes.

"W-what about y-you C-Charley?" Bilbo asked

"I think it's a good idea." He said

"So, we are going to be a team of superheroes. I'll start the hacking along with Aliana." Ender said.

"Wait a minute. I have another thing we need to discuss. How are we going to hide this from the school?" Charley asked

"Ooooh secret lab!" Ender said with excitement.

"The school doesn't have a basement you dumbass." Delaney commented

"Well, damn." He said

"How about in the attic." Charley suggested

"I didn't know this school even had an attic." Chirpy said

"It does and I know because I may or may not already have a lab up there..." He said

I smiled, "Well thanks to Char we have a place to do these things. So, how do we get into this attic?" I asked

"Umm through Bilbo and I's dorm closet." He answered

Bilbo perked up when he heard his name and nodded. Everyone turned to him questioningly. He looked back at us with an inquisitive look pasted on his face.

"W-why is e-everyone s-staring at m-me?" He asked

"Because you just looked up and nodded." Delaney said.

"O-okay." He said and was silent once more. 

We headed towards the boy's dorms and into Charley and Bilbo's dorm. Charley flipped a switch and then opened the closet door. A hallway was present and everyone was excited. We walked into the hallway with Charley in the lead. We walked into a large room with a pyramid-shaped roof as the ceiling. There were computers and lab equipment already placed on tables. Some machines were set up as well, in the corner of the room. In the opposite side, there were leather suits. We all gasped at the suits. Charley shied back and let everyone take everything in. I walked towards him and smiled.

"This place..." I said not able to find words to describe how grand it was.

"I know." He replied

"We are going to have some good times here." I said

He laughed, "Yes, yes we are Ali."