The Man in the Mask

"Oh, I'm not alone, I'm just waiting for my friends." I state looking to the man to my left.

"Oh were are my manners, I am Klaus." He states with a British accent, extending his hand to me.

"Serena." I state giving him my hand, he brings it up to his lips. Gently placing a kiss on my knuckles.

A small blush creeps to my cheeks as I pull my hand back.

"Beautiful name." He state with a small smile.

His deep blue green eyes stand out against his black mask, his square jaw is covered in a thin blonde beard, and there is a small crease in his chin. In my heels I am only an inch shorter then him. His tall, slightly built frame is cover in a black suit. A small smile tugs on his pink lips.

"Care for a dance?" 

"Oh I-"

"Oh come on love, I won't bite." He states holding his hand out to me.

A stare at it for a moment before placing my hand in his, giving him a slight nod. "Alright."

He leads me out on the dance floor, placing his left hand on my waist while I place mine on his shoulder. Holding my other hand in his as we start a simple waltz.

"So what brings you here love?"

"Well, I'm just here with my friends. I am not very familiar with this sort of-" I pause looking for the right word. "environment."

"Yes, I notice."

"I guess hiding in the back by the bar was a dead give away?"

"Very much so." He states spinning me out in a circle before bringing me back to his chest.  "No worries love, you're doing just fine." He whisper in my ears.

I give him a small smile. "If you say so."

We continue to dance and after awhile he dips me, when he brought me back up I am closer to him then before.

"You're practically a natural."  He whispers in my ear.

I feel my heart leap in my chest. He has this odd hold over me, and I am just drawn to him, like a moth to a flame. A sort of undeniable, bliss attraction. After a moment of silence I look up to him.

"So what brings you here?"

"I am an associate."

"Of Marcel?"

He stares down at me with a playful smirk, a glint of amusement in his eyes. "Indeed."

"And how long have you know Marcel?" I question.

"It seems like a lifetime."

I stare up at him, he had this hint of playful edge to his voice. Almost like the statement is an inside joke on it's own. If Marcel is a vampire, then my bet is this man is too. 

I give him a small smile. "Some people have that effect."

A few minutes later the song ends, I step back giving him a smile. "It was a pleasure dancing with you Klaus."

He returns my smile, grabbing my hand and bring it to his lips. "The pleasure was all mine, Serena."

I head back over to the bar, seeing Marcus and Jared waiting.

"Who was that?" Marcus questions.

"No idea."

"Well look at you." Jared states nudging his shoulder. "Did you get his number?"

"No." I state sitting on the bar stool.

"And why not?"

"Because he just simply asked me to dance." I sigh looking out at the dance floor. "How much longer are we going to be here?"

"We just got here." Jared points out.

"Can I go home?" I question.

"What why? You look amazing and you've only been here barely an hour." He whines.

"I'm just kind of tried."

"At least wait another hour?"

I look up at him. "Thirty minutes."

He smiles. "Fine thirty minutes and then Marcus will give you money for a cab home."

"Maybe we should go home with her." Marcus suggest.

"Oh no, you and I are going to enjoy this. We hardly ever get out."

Marcus sighs. "Alright, for you I'll stay."

Jared smiles, giving him a quick peck on the cheek. "I'm going to go mingle."

We watch him disappear into the crowd.

"Has he always been like this?" I question Marcus.

"He just really enjoys parties."

"I've notice."

Marcus look to me a smirk on his lips. He then hand me a fifty and my phone.

"Here, go ahead and head out. Just please text me when you get home."

I smile taking it, leaning up and giving him a peck on the cheek.

"Thanks Marcus."

"Don't thank me, you're the one who will have to deal with Jared tomorrow."