Elijah Mikaelson

"Is he going to be okay?" I quietly question Elijah.

He sighs disposing of the empty blood bags in his hand. The two of us had quietly watched as Klaus tore into one blood bag after another. Elijah told me that the last few days he had to practically stave him to keep his strength down, something about the hex increasing his power and strength due to the phase he was stuck.

"For the time being. I am not sure if the hex has even been fully broken."

"But, but I did do something right?" I question picking one of the last bags off the floor.

He nods. "Indeed you have." 

He glance over to Klaus, who is sitting on the floor leaning against the wall. His eyes were close and his chest rose and fell in a slow motion.

"I can not thank you enough for helping my brother." He states quietly his eyes looking back to me.

My eyes remain on Klaus' sleeping form. "You don't have to thank me Elijah." I begin. "I'm not even sure what I did." 

"Regardless of what you did or didn't do you still helped him."

 A small smile tugs on my lips, however it quickly vanishes. "What will happen to him now?"

"He'll probably spend another night down here." He begins. "If he's still okay tomorrow morning. We'll all just continue as if this didn't happen."

The room grows silent, the only sound his Klaus breathing and my heart beat.

"Elijah, can I ask you something?" He remains silent his eyes on me, I turn to him. "What made him like this?"

"What do you mean?"

I turn my gaze back to Klaus. "This darkness he carries, the anger, and rage, and pain he has. People aren't born with that, it's taught over a lifetime."

"My brother has always been the figure of our father's abuse." He pauses looking down at his hands. "Forgive me, but I do not believe it's my place to share this with you."

I nod. "It's okay Elijah." I pause looking to the ground. "I've always had my suspicions, about his past." I let out an airy laugh. "He's not as opaque as he thinks." I state quietly. "But he's still a mystery."

"You're quiet the mystery as well."

I look up at him. "I don't think so." I quietly state.

"Perhaps I do not have all the details."

I smile looking to the ground. "Those two are such gossips."

Elijah give me a small smile. "With all due respect, from what they've shared I've found it quiet intriguing."

I chuckle. "Yes well there's far more to it then the outline they gave to you."

"Perhaps you could tell me about sometime?"

I nod. "Yeah, maybe."