Siblings

*3rd Person*

Elijah cautiously glances over at his brother, his eyes focusing on the book he held however Elijah knew he wasn't reading it.

"I must say brother, you've been quite sour this last week."

"Buzz off." Klaus snaps.

Elijah has notice a change in his brother over the last month. Whatever has caught his attention, really did improve his attitude.

"Is this about the girl?"

Klaus' eyes quickly meets his with a hard glare. Elijah smirks knowing he has gotten to his brother. His eyes return to the book.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Serena." Elijah states not missing a beat.  

Klaus' dark stare returns. "What about her?"

Elijah smirks. "So you do know her?"

Klaus growls looking back to his book, angry that he's getting wrapped up in his brother's game. Elijah had just heard the name a week ago, but he had known Marcus and Jared for quite some time. Even chatting with them at the party, learning a bit about their new friend and were she came from.

"You know brother." Elijah begins. "It's perfectly alright that you've taken an interest in this girl."

"Love is a vampire's greatest weakness." Klaus bitterly states.

"Who said anything about love? If you've formed a friendship with-"

"Feelings will get you killed." Klaus snaps.

"Yes and forming a friendship would actually mean that you care for something." Elijah states bitterly causing Klaus to look over at him. "If this Serena girl has actually made your life slightly more bearable then why push her away?"

"Getting involved with her was a mistake." Klaus snaps.

"And so, you'll just end it like that?" Elijah questions. "You can't handle the fact that you might have actually let someone get close to you."

"That's not true." Klaus states, and it was true. 

"Then perhaps it's the fact that you're scared." Elijah begins. "You're scared she'll reject you."

"I am scared of nothing." Klaus snaps.

"You've shown her the small compassion that you have, and you're scared that-"

"Enough!" Klaus shouts, getting to his feet. "I suggest to stay out of my business brother."

Elijah smirks as Klaus storms out of the room. "So that's it." He mumbles to himself.

Elijah is quiet proud of himself, after all these years he could still get on his brothers nerves. It is a shame though, how dense Klaus is.