Star Gazing

"What are you doing?" Klaus questions standing over me, his tall frame blocking out the darken sky.

"Star gazing." I simply state glancing pass his shoulder at the small faint lights in the the sky.

Here I am, yet another night on the roof with Klaus. I am laying on the roof one arm behind my head, my feet dangling off the edge of the building. His head inclines looking up at the sky.

"Can you even see anything?"

I shrug moving my head slightly to the left. "Barely."

I tilt my head back looking at him. His eyes still remain on the sky. His hands were in his jacket pockets as his tall frame towers above me.

"How can you do something so pointless?" He questions looking down at me.

"I don't think it's pointless." I state meaning his gaze. "Honestly Klaus a thousand years alive, surely you've taken time to savor the little things."

He sighs taking a seat next to me, leaning back on his hands as he's eyes return to the sky. "They are little for a reason."

I glance over at him. "Oh don't be so judgmental."

He hums, not giving me an answer. I sigh returning my gaze to the sky. It's cloudy and I barely saw anything, but it is still nice to enjoy the cool breeze.

"Why are you so nice to me?" I question after a few minutes of peacefully silence.

"What?"

I sit up looking at him. "Why are you so nice to me? You're not nice to anyone, so why me?"

He looks to me, his eyes meeting mine. My breath catches in my throat, as I stare deep into his eyes.

"Because you haven't crossed me." 

"And everyone else has?"

"Everyone else has it out for me." He begins looking out at the street. "Everyone wishes me dead, to watch me burn for my misdeeds."

"What could you have possibly done that would make people hate you so much?"

"They don't hate me Serena. They fear me." A dark smirk pulls against his lips. "It's because of their fear they want me dead."

"Why is it a good thing that they fear you?"

"Because they should fear me. Lesser men quake at the very mention of my name."

I sit there staring at him. I wonder what happened to him that cause his morals to be so corrupt and twisted. I guess this should be expected, in the month and a half that I have known Klaus he has had a bit of an ego. Marcus and Jared have told me about many of his "misdeeds" as he puts it; sharing every detail. There's no doubt in my mind that Klaus is a dark man, perhaps even a monster. But I felt very conformable around him, safe even, however I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad one. Suddenly Klaus stands up.

"What are you doing?"

"You want to see stars love, so I will show you stars." He states holding his hand out to me, a small smile on his lips.

I return his smile, taking his hand. He easily pulls me up, and suddenly I find that we are chest to chest. I peer up at him, his blue green eyes staring down at me; a beautiful calm sky. I glance down at the ground, taking a small step back.

"Lead the way."

I gasp as he quickly sweeps me up in his arms, a small smile tugs on the corner of my lips.

He smiles down at me. "With pleasure."