A Vampire Returns

I swallow thickly my eyes never leaving his form. His black hair messily fans across his forehead, his charcoal eyes glistening with excitement. He's slim, with narrow shoulders and an oblong face. His dark tan skin seems slightly bright due to his dark clothing. A smirk crosses his lips.

"You know you alluded me for quite some time." He states. "And when my retriever didn't come back. I figured I would find you here. Running from vampires and you deiced to camp in the vampire capital. That's quite smart."

"Why didn't you just have her kill me?" I question quietly.

He laughs. "Kill you? My dear Serena, I want you alive. You were after all one of my best products. You have a nice taste, a great scent; and when they realized they couldn't handle you they returned you and got a crappier product instead."

"We're people not cattle!" I snapped.

He laughs. "Do you think your little vampires see you as anything other than a walking blood bag with a name?" He takes in the look on my face laughing louder. "Oh, God you do. It may be fine now, but the second they let their guard down and snap they'll kill you. And they won't even think twice about it."

I shake my head."You're wrong." 

"Am I? A few vampires show you kindness for a few years and suddenly your perspective has changed on the entire species?" 

"Every group has bad people." 

"You're lying to yourself!" 

"What do you want Darren?" 

He flashes me a dark smirk. "I came to take what's rightful mine."

In a second he's in front of me, and before I can react the world fades to black.