3- Years Later

Brendon's POV

I jumped in my car and started the engine, driving away from the shop. Only then I realized that I hadn't bought anything, but I was just too scared to go back.

It felt weird to see Ryan again. We had this kind of bond when we were younger, but those times were over. He was not the kid wearing hats and flower-patterned shirts anymore, and I was not the kid with red glasses and colourful, undersized hoodies anymore either.

I sighed, grabbing the steering wheel tighter. I sped down the road, passing cars as I went down. I was shaking a little, not totally over the fact I had just met Ryan after all these years, but I was slowly calming down.

Once I got back home, I was not shaking anymore, thank God for that. I walked in, greeting Dallon as I walked to our room.

"Hey, wait! Are you okay?" he asked, grabbing my hand and spinning me around. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Well, the ghost is called Ryan Ross, and was at the record store."

Dallon raised an eyebrow. "I thought he had moved or something?"

"Left for Chicago, then came back to LA a few months later. I have no clue what he was doing in Vegas, but I guess I'll just ask him tonight."

"Tonight?"

"I invited him for dinner. To catch up," I told him, heading back to our room.

He let go of my hand but followed me down the hall, asking, "but why? I thought you hated the guy."

I shrugged, "I never really hated him per se. I wasn't exactly happy with him when he left the band, but we were friends way before that. I think that's more important than some stupid fight we had years ago."

He shrugged, "you're probably right. You two have fun. Don't forget I'm leaving for Utah tomorrow morning. Will you drive me there?"

"Sure. Of course."

He smiled and sat on the bed. I sat next to him and layed my head on his shoulder. "Love you, Dal."

"Love you too, Bren."