Epilogue

Epilogue

"Ryan."

No.

"Ryan."

Fuck you.

"Ryan, wake up."

Suck my dick.

"Ryan, Jesus, wake the fuck up."

Ouch, harsh. "Why should I?"

"Because you wouldn't like your brand new husband to pour a glass of water on your newly wedded face, dumbass."

I smiled.

"Alright then, Mr. Brendon Ross. Since I got married just a few hours ago, I would greatly apreciate keeping my head nice and dry. Thank you for your understanding. I'll be up in a few hours."

He sighed. "You're an idiot."

"You love it."

My eyes were still shut, but I could almost see him smile. "I do."

"See? You just can't resist me. Your husband is one charming and persuasive man."

He kicked my leg under the sheets and laughed. I carefully opened my eyes, nonetheless burning my eyes at the sight of sunlight and turned to face Brendon.

Bare chest (as always), messy bed (sex) hair, perfect skin and eyes, he was just hotter than Hell.

Brendon Ross, ladies and gentlemen.

My husband. Hus-band. H-U-S-B-A-N-D. Brendon Ross... I enjoyed the sound of that.

I pressed a finger on the golden ring around my ring finger and grinned.

"It still feels so weird."

"What?"

"The ring. It's weird. I mean, wearing a ring. Like, everybody knows I'm your husband."

My smile got wider. I just realised what I just said. I'm Brendon's husband. We're married.

Ha. Back off, crazy fangirls, he's mine now.

He laughed and looked down at his.

"I know, right. It's awesome, though. Being yours. Being Brendon Ross. I've always liked your name better than mine, anyway."

I smiled and kissed his lips.

"Now. The big question."

He looked at me weird.

"What do married couples do in the morning?"

He laughed, with that laugh I loved.

You know, it's an awesome feeling. Knowing that you'll spend the rest of your life with The One. The one and only, that one person who makes you a better human, who can pull out the greatest in you, who can see the bright side of you, you know, The One. Yeah, with caps.

It felt awesome, knowing that I'd see that smile every morning. Knowing that I'd spend everyday by his side. Knowing that, no matter what, we'd be there for each other. It felt great being somewhere I felt like I belonged.

I always thought I'd end up alone. Having a few girls or guys in my bed once in a while, but alone. I thought I was meant to die alone and worthless, because that's what I was.

But Brendon changed me. He made me a better man. And I'll always be grateful for that.

And there I was, married to my oldest friend, my first actual crush, my bandmate and bestfriend, living the life I thought I'd never be worth living. That golden ring would be a constant reminder that, fuck yeah, I made it.

Brendon and I made it.