8- It's not only a song

(A.N.: hullo, readers. Thank you all for the reads, it means so much to me<33 ) ~Julie

Ryan's point of view

I got out of the bathroom and, thinking Brendon was still asleep, I only had a towel around my waist. I jumped when I saw him sitten on the bed, his eyes filled with tears. I wondered what got him so sad and finally saw what he was holding in his hands.

"I didn't think you'd read it" I said, frozen.

"But I did. Ryan, why? Why didn't you call me before? We could've..." he paused. "We could've cleared this shit up. I didn't know... I didn't know it hurt you that much" he finished, sniffing.

"Ah, c'mon. It's only a song" I said.

"It's not, Ryan, and you fucking know it. It is a song, you're right. But it's not only a song. It's a fucking great song. A fucking great and meaningful song but... But-" he stopped. He clearly didn't know what else to say.

"Hey, B, it's no big deal. I mean, I-" I paused. What the actual fuck. "I didn't write this song to make you hear it or- or read it or whatever. I wrote this because writing makes me feel good. And God knows for how long I couldn't write. Bren, this is the only song I finished. The only one" I said, slowly walking to him.

"It was just some kind of... Of escape I guess. Just some way I could somehow get rid of all... All the past. And uh... Well I don't even know it's just... I felt better after. And I didn't want you to read it because it's too of a personal thing. I'm never doing anything with this song. It's just... It was just my way to get back on track. Now I am. It was my own way to get rid of the weight in my chest. I feel lighter since I wrote it. And when I finished it, I decided to go to Vegas. I don't know why, it just happened. And then we met again and here we are" I finished, now standing right in front of him.

He slowly looked up, tears falling down his cheeks. He stood up, took my hand and hugged me. His breath felt warm on my bare shoulder and I could hear his heart beating.

Boom-boom.
Boom-boom.

"I love you too, Ry" he whispered.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Yesterday night. You told me you loved me. I bet you thought I was sleeping... I wasn't. I was just- I do. I wanted you to know. I don't know why and I know it's wrong but... I do" he added.

"I... I'm speechless" I told him, breaking the hug.

"Then don't say a thing" he said, before pressing his lips against mine.

I took him close to me, slowly unbottoning his shirt -because we slept with our clothes on- and taking it off.

My hands wandered up his muscular bare chest, reaching his neck, and then his head. I pulled on his hair as he kissed me deeply, his hands laying on my hips.

I layed him on the bed as he pulled on my towel.