Chapter 7- save me from Calum

Chapter 7- Sam P.O.V

"Stupid oven" I shouted getting angry with myself for not turning on the oven, he was going to be over here in 10 minutes and the chicken isn't cooked, there are no saucepans to cook vegetables in and I forgot to buy the salad!

Why didn't I just say we could go to Nandos or Pizza Hut or something.

He pacifically told me he had to have salad with his chicken, but at this point there is not chicken either. the two plates were on the table ready bit the food wasn't ready for the plate.

Ill just say the oven wouldn't work, no there's no good lying about it!

The doorbell to my flat rung so I had to press the button to leg him in, u hesitated before slamming my hand down onto the unlocking system and he was on his way up.

I had only met him a few weeks ago but we just sort of clicked I guess, we have nothing in common but... I don't know maybe Alice was right, maybe I had only said yes because I was desperate to start over again and what better way to start than be in a relationship right? maybe I should just end it?

No I can't do that I have to give him a chance at least. things might work out...

The door opened and in walked Calum, he was wearing his jeans and a jacket, he was dressed up nicely with his checkered shirt on so he put effort into what he was wearing without being to fancy.

His black hair was jelled up slightly spiked not to much though, he had a piercing in both ears, one was silver one was black, did he notice they were odd, yes of course he does it must be some London fashion shit that some boys do I don't know?

"Hey" I invited him into the kitchen nervously.

"So dinner almost done?" he asked not bothering to check on me first.

"Well about that I um- well the oven wouldn't turn on and the chicken isn't cooked properly and there's no time to put it in again but we can always-" I started. But he came quickly towards me.

"Well did you get the salad?" He looked into my eyes, his were crystal white burning Into me, he scared me the way he stood over me.

"No I forgot to-" his hand raised and he slapped me across the face sharply.

I pulled my head back to face him again, I didn't know what to do j didn't want to let him hurt me.

"It's okay I can get you a glass of water or something" I said trying to cover up and make it all better.

I started to fill the glass with water but he took it from my grasp and lobbed it across at the wall making it shatter into pieces.

"Can you do anything right?" he spat at me making me back away towards the table.

"I'm sorry I'm just not settled I. The flat yet that's all" I apologised.

His hands took grasp of the plate behind me and he smashed it against my face sending me to the floor harshly.

"No excuses" he mumbled loudly.

"Sorry" I said my voice shaking with fear.

A warm liquid started to drop down my face, blood.

"Get up!" he yelled. I did as he told me and stood up again back t the table again but this time my legs kept quivering.

He took the other plate and hit me with it again.

"Ill be back" he spat through gritted teeth, "some time" and with that he shoved me to the floor into the pile of sharp glass and walked away.

My body all went numb and I couldn't breath properly from all the shock and I soon found myself crying into sleep after the door slammed shut, what had I gotten into?

*****

My head throbbed and the room around me seemed as though it was shaking about. my mouth tasted bitter , like blood.

Soon enough the room slowed down and I managed to get up onto my knees, I looked down to the palm of my hand to see a shad of glass plate wedged into it blood seeping out from around the wound.

"Shit!" I yelped as I pulled it away from my skin and more blood started to pour out painfully. I found my balance to my feet and wandered over to the cupboard with all the first aid in it, I was still trying to get my head around what had happened. it all came flooding back into my memory and the realisation of what I had gotten involved it hit me like a ton of bricks, really heavy bricks!

Today was the 30th August and the new neighbours should be moving in today. maybe I would have enough time to go and see them see if the ate okay, i want to know who I'm living in the same block as, make sure their safe and not like Calum.

I asked Alex to post me the money I left with him when I moved out, he told me to give it to him so I would t be tempted to spend it, it was saving up for my new guitar, after my other one got broken some how.

Maybe he had posted it and it could be here today...

My mind wondered away towards other things so I wouldn't have to think about Calum, although the bandage wrapped around my palm reminded me of it all every time I looked at it as well as the massive gash along the side of my face.

****

I cleaned away the best I could of the blood, it still looked really bad but I couldn't wrist getting it checked out they might ask questions, maybe if I was lucky Calum won't come back, he could have been bluffing when he said he would.

I slipped on my slippers and walked out down the stairs to the mailbox, I scanned along the room/flat numbers until I found mine, I opened it up and peered inside to see nothing! maybe it will come tomorrow...

"Sam?" a familiar accent asked from behind me, I turned around on my heels to be face with, I guess my new neighbour.... his blue eyes still sparkling, lips the same colour but his hair was more flattened down this time, but it was definitely him...

"Louis?"