***

We walked out of the movie theater, pushing both doors open. A blast of cool air greeted us once we were outside. It was really cold in the theater, especially when both of us were watching the movie. The concession stands there weren't as bad. However, the temperature outside was even worse. It'd cooled down a bit, reminding us of the winter months about to come. I hugged myself tightly, wishing I'd brought a heavier coat rather than my lighter one. My skin was blanketed in a layer of goosebumps. I looked over at Adrian. He was smart. At least he'd brought a coat with him.

"So, what'd you think of Jessabelle?" he asked, looking at me.

He had that cute, lopsided grin on his face, which was contagious. It always made me smile.

"It was pretty good..." I shrugged. "...for a horror movie."

He looked at me for a brief moment, pondering my choice of words. "No it wasn't."

"Yeah, it was. I liked it."

"You think it could've been better. I can read what's on your mind, you know."

I smiled, putting my hands up as if in surrender. "All right, yes. I think some parts could've been a little better but I did enjoy the movie. I promise. It wouldn't have been as good if you weren't there to watch it, though."

Both of us laughed. Adrian put an arm around me and drew me closer to him, pressing the side of my body against his. I could smell the Calvin Klein cologne on his coat, and the scent made me slightly dizzy but in a dreamy sort of way. It was my favorite cologne because it reminded me so much of him. I snuggled a bit more into his coat. I liked the feeling of being near him this way.

"I had fun tonight," Adrian said, looking down into my face.

"I did, too," I replied.

We stared at each other for a moment longer before I cast my eyes down to the sidewalk. My cheeks were turning red.

"Hey, are you hungry?"

"A little."

"You wanna get something to eat?"

"Sure."

"What are you in the mood for? I'm buying."

I chuckled. "Oh, no. You've taken me out to buy a pair of new earrings, to see a movie, and now to eat. You're spoiling me, Adrian. You really don't have to buy me anything else."

"No, I insist. Are you interested in stopping at that Chinese buffet?"

"Well, okay. Whatever you want, I don't want it to be all about me."

He smiled. "Cool."

It didn't take long for us to reach the restaurant. It was only a five minute walk from the theater. The buffet was tucked in between two other shops: a hair salon and an antique store.

Opening the door, Adrian allowed me to go in first. I thanked him as I entered. He caught up and fell into step with me, taking my hand. We stood in front of a wooden pedestal, waiting for the waiter to lead us to our table. Soon enough, a petite and slender Asian woman came and asked Adrian how many will be seated, to which he replied two. She then took us to a table in the back. It was by a window that faced the Buckhead skyline.

"Thank you," Adrian and I said in unison.

The lady gave a small bow and left, leaving us with our menus. I grabbed mine off the table, kind of skimming over the variety of choices they had. Adrian was looking at his as well.

"You know what you want?" he asked.

"I don't know. They have a lot of yummy dishes on here. Do you?" I answered.

"I don't, either. I think I might have whatever you get."

"All righty, then."

I quickly glanced up at Adrian before continuing reading the menu.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Taking me out. This is really nice and I just wanted to say thanks."

"You're welcome. You're worth taking out," Adrian said, taking my hand into his. I rolled my eyes. "I mean that."

He gazed at me for a brief second, then leaned in a bit. I leaned forward, too, closing my eyes. He kissed me, and I felt everything. His lips were soft, though his kiss was fervent. A flock of butterflies rioted in my stomach and my heart stopped. I wanted more. There were no other words to describe my feeling except maybe thrilling. I would've kept Adrian here with me but I also knew we were in a restaurant.

In what felt like only a second, we pulled away from each other, not saying a word to each other. Our hands were still interlaced and we didn't make a move to let go, which I was glad for. His touch gave me a secure feeling, I wouldn't have wanted to let go of it, anyway.