6

When I woke up the next morning, he was there. I could hear him in the bathroom talking to someone. I couldn't hear someone responding so I figured he was on the phone.

Who could he possibly be talking to on the phone?

" He hasn't taken me home, yet. He just brought me to a hotel room." There was a pause as he listened to what the other person on the other line was saying.

" I'm trying to convince him to take me home. Then when we get there, I'll let you in the house and you can take what you want. We both have some family heirlooms in the safe. Even though I know he probably changed the code on me." There was another pause.

" Once you get it, will you give me the good stuff? The one you give the rich kids at those parties on the West side?"

All I could do was put my head between my legs and cry. I cried because I fell for the same shit every time. I cried because our daughters asked about him and I had to keep telling them about the 'vacation' he was on. I cried because I know of he called me again, I would come to him every time.

The only reason he wasn't with me was because I wouldn't feed his habit. Rayan did. So he loves him. And sometimes late at night, when I'm consumed in my thoughts, I think that if we didn't have Callie and Baja, I probably would. Just so he could stay and be with me.

And that scares the shit out of me.