17

"Jake, wake up. Let's go." I said, while shaking Jacob. He groaned and nodded his head that he was awake.

I didn't get much sleep last night. I was up all night, waiting on Jacob to-

I don't  even know. Steal, leave, something. But he didn't.

Jacob was back and here to stay. No more drugs. That  part of his life is over.

I went into the home gym and started warming up.

 About 15 minutes later Jacob came in and we started doing workouts together

About 15 minutes later Jacob came in and we started doing workouts together. We laughed at how out of shape he was and how I had to slow down my workouts for him.

It felt like when we were just dating back in high school.

"Wow, you guys are putting in a lot of work."Elijah said from the door. Looking at the watch in my wrist, I saw that it was almost time to get the girls up and ready for school.

"Yeah we were." I looked back at Jacob and smiled. He was out of breath and the sweat on his skin was making his skin shine.

"So Jac- I mean Mr. August, you can assist Callie and I'll help Baja. I gotta give Baja her medicine. Oh! I gotta show you how to do that, too."

Jacob glanced at me with a confused look on his face. "What does Baja need medicine for?"

"Baja has ADHD. She needs meds administered every morning before she goes to school." I said, taking a towel and wiping the sweat from the Calf Press machine.

"Since when does she have ADHD, Chresanto?" Jacob said.

"Since about 2 years ago. One of the teachers at their daycare center noticed it and asked to get her tested. I did and well, she had it. Callie doesn't." I replied, wondering why he's getting so worked up about this.

Kids get diagnosed with ADHD all the time and it doesn't affect your life. You can still have a normal life and do things that other people do.

"I would have just liked to have known about it, that's all." Jacob said solemnly. "But it's fine."

"Ok, well let's get started. Their gonna give us a hard time when it comes to that hair of theirs." Elijah said. "Today's French braid day for them."

-------—--------------------------------------
Hello! Sorry it's so short, longer chapter next time, definitely! 🤘🏾💖

I have a new story out called Ready or Not. It's a supernatural story . If you're into that kind of thing go ahead and check it out! I'd really appreciate it!

✌🏾️