30

"It's nice to see everyone together." Jacob says, trying to start conversation.

Everyone at the table was eating and all you could hear was the clink of forks. Even my mother hadn't spoken yet. I guess Callie and Baja noticed the mood, because even they were quiet.

"Did you cook this?" My mom asked Jacob. He nods and puts down his fork, and wipes his face.

"Yeah, spent half today cooking and I baked a little as well. Is alright?" Jacob asks my mom.

My mom just raises her eyebrows and continues to eat.

"My son just spoke to you." Jacob's dad, Jose, said.

My mother nodded her head. "I heard him."

! Ring Ring Ring !

I looked down at Jacob's phone that was ringing but Jacob snatched it before I could see was calling. He looked at me then ignored the call.

I decided not to press him about it, at his time.

"Callie and Baja, birthdays is coming up soon. They have decided they want it at Chuckie E. Cheese, and I was going to rent it out for them. We haven't decided on a date, yet but I just wanted to let y'all know." I said, trying to change the subject.

"Yay! Chuckie E. Cheese!" Baja yelled out, making everyone at the table chuckle at her cuteness. Everyone focuses their attention on the girls.

! Ring Ring Ring !

"Who the hell keeps calling your phone?" I ask Jacob quietly, so I don't attract attention.

"No one." Jacob answers. I looked at him and shook my head, I had a hunch as to who it is but I hope I wasn't right.

"We need to talk upstairs, right now." I say, while standing up. I push my chair and wait for Jacob.

"Mom, can you watch the girls for a second. Chresanto and I will be right back." Jacob says, His mom nods and goes back to speaking to the girls.

I walk up the stairs and I can hear Jacobs' footsteps behind me. We reach the bedroom and we both walk in and I close the door.

"Who's been calling you all night?" I ask. "I already know who it is, I just want to see if you'll lie again."

"Chresanto, I haven't answered for him, at all," Jacob says.

"Why didn't you just block him or delete his number? See, you want me to trust you but then you do sneaky shit like this!" I yell.

"I know you are angry, but my parents and my kids are downstairs. Don't raise your voice at me." Jacob says.

"You are worried about the wrong thing, Jacob. Your old pimp and drug dealer has been texting you all night. You know what, give me your phone." I say and reach my hand out.

"Chresanto, I haven't answered for him. What are you going to do?" He asks.

"Give me the phone, Jake!" I yell. I sigh and rub my temples.

It was like he didn't want Rayan to stop calling him. Like, if he kept calling, Jacob was going to answer one of these times.

"The last time, you saw him. What did you guys do? What kind of drugs did you do?" I asked.

Jacob sits down on the bed and puts his head into his hands. When he looks up at me, tears are streaming down his face.

"Why does it matter, Chresanto? I'm here, aren't I? I'm here, taking care of the girls, playing house with you, right?" He says, his voicing rising. "That's all you wanted, right?!"

I look at him in bewilderment. Where was this coming from?

"AAAHHHHH! Oh my god!" I hear my mother screaming from downstairs. And a whole bunch of screaming and commotion.

I open the door and run downstairs to the dining room, with Jacob hot on my heels.

When I get there, I see Rayan Lopez standing in my dining room.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thoughts?

I am back in business! Well, my phone is still broke but my writers block is gone for this story.