18

"Yes, this proposal is fine. Have my assistant Hannah type it up for you and she'll give it to me." I said handing the new intern back the proposal he bought me.

"Thanks Mr. August, this is just a rough draft, I'll have a better one for you soon. Thank you for this opportunity." He said, making his way out of my office.

We exchanged a few more words and he left

We exchanged a few more words and he left. I turned my Mac laptop on and answered a few emails.

!Ring! !Ring!

I looked at my iPhone and saw that it was Elijah calling. Thinking it maybe had to do with the girls, I quickly answered.

"Hello? Elijah, is everything alright? Did the girls school call?" I asked into the phone.

"Yeah everything's fine with the girls. I had just..... I was at the house washing the girls clothes because my classes were canceled and I was wondering if you knew Jacob wasn't here?" Elijah said into the phone.

Jacob wasn't at home? We had already discussed that he would stay at home until we both deemed him ready to interact with other people. Where could he be?

"Did you check the home gym? The pool? What about the bedroom?" I fired off question after question. I stood up from my desk and grabbed my suit jacket and put it on. I had to go find him.

"Yeah I checked all those places. He's not in the house or around the house. The guards say he walked off the property saying he was coming to see you. But that was three hours ago." Elijah replied and I could hear the washer machine rumbling in the background.

"Well, thanks for calling me." I said as I made my way out of my office and mouthed for my assistant to cancel all my meeting a for the rest of the day.

"Yeah, no problem. I just really wanna see him do good, you know? The girls are so excited that he's around and they've already talked about making him things in their art class and such. Even you've been looking happier." Elijah said sincerely.

"Thanks, Eli. You've been a big contributor to the wellbeing of our family. And I know that ever since we had sex, I was acting a little off..." I trailed off, reaching into my pocket and extracting my keys and opening the door to my SUV.

Elijah chuckled into the phone. "Maybe that's a conversation we need to have another day. You focus on finding Jacob."

"Yeah alright, catch you later." I said after we hanging up. The truth is I wanted something to take my mind off Jacob, while I was looking for him. I didn't want to think about all the possible places he could have went.

I rode around his old hang out spots and asked around for him but nobody had seen him.

That was a relief.

As I was walking back to my car, a crack addict came up to me.

"Hey! Hey! You got some money? I'm hungry, man! Let me hold a dolla?" He said, yelling right in my ear.

I opened my car door and quickly closed it before he could touch me. He then began to knock on the window.

Did Jacob have to stand at street corners and beg for money?

Deciding to spread my wealth, I rolled down my window and took out my wallet.

"How much you need, man?" I asked him.

He looked greet at the contents of my wallet and said," Let me hold a fifty. Get my lady something to eat, too."

I wasn't stupid I knew he probably wouldn't use it food. But I gave him fifty dollars anyways.

He took the fifty from my hands and turned to leave. Then he stopped and turned around to face me again.

"Say, man, what's the days date?"
He asked.

I had to think for a second before I answered.

"It's October 9th."

He nodded his head and left, walking down the street.

October 9th.

How could I forget?

October 9th.

Now I knew where Jacob was.

------------------------------------------------

#RIPKara 👼🏾🙏🏾✨
#RIPKeithLamontScott 👼🏾🙏🏾✨
#RIPTerrenceCrutcher👼🏾🙏🏾✨