29

!DING! !DONG!

Jacob ran to get the door. I had finished getting dressed and had started helping set the table. I knew that it was probably my parents that arrived first, though.

"Chresanto! Your mom and dad are here!" Jacob called from the foyer.

I walk into the foyer and to the front door.

"Hey mom." I said, hugging my mom first. Then I turn towards my dad and hold out my hand. "Hello, sir."

My dad shakes my hand and then turns towards the girls and speaks to them.

"Come on in." Jacob says, with a big smile on his face. "The table is all set. I am just waiting for my family to arrive."

I walk behind my parents into the dining room.

I sit the girls down in the chairs and pull out the chair for my mother.

"Jacob, sweetheart, how are you feeling?" My mom asks.

"I am feeling fine, Mrs. August. How is the catering business going?" Jacob asks.

"It's going well. Are you working right now or is it just Chresanto still?" My mom asks. And Jacob freezes.

I simply hang my head and sigh. I had hoped this was going to be a smooth night, because Jacob and I already have a lot on our plate. But, I can see now that maybe it wasn't going to be.

"Mom, he doesn't have to work. All I want him to do is take care of Callie and Baja." I step in and say.

Jacob wouldn't say anything rude towards my mom. And I appreciated that. My mom could hit below the bell, when it came down to her only child.

"I didn't have to work either but I did. Even when I was raising you. So, that's not an excuse." My mom retorts.

"Mom. Can we please have a good time tonight? Please." I ask.

My mom throws her hands up and says," I was just saying, Chresanto. After all the hell, he put you through, he can atleast help out around here."

!DING! !DONG!

Before I have the chance to respond, the doorbell rings. Jacob and I both, get up and walk to answer it.

"I wanted a good and happy dinner." Jacob says.

"I can control my mother." I say, curtly.

I reach the door and open it. Outside are Jacob's parents and his sister, Willow.

I was shocked to see Willow, standing there. She and Jacob fell out with each other, a long time ago. And he made it known, he didn't want to ever see her again.

"What is she doing here?" Jacob asks, moving in the way so his parents can't come in.

"Jacob it is time to bury the hatchet and move on." His mom says.

I move his body to the side and welcome his parents into the house. Jacob keeps his eyes on Willow as I pulled him towards me.

"Please, be seated in the dining room. My parents are in there and we will be there shortly." I say, then pull Jacob into the kitchen.

"Bury the hatchet. We have bigger problems, Jacob." I say, when we get there. I move to get the food and bring it to the table.

"I don't want that bitch in this house, Chresanto." Jacob said.

I shrugged my shoulders. "It happened a long time ago, Jake. I'm over it. Just let it go."

"She's a fucking whore, Chresanto. She tried to say her baby was yours! I will not let that go!" He yells.

After I met Jacob, I was introduced to Willow. While Jacob didn't like me at the time, Willow did. She was three years younger than us and became infatuated with me. Following me places, standing outside my window in the middle of the night and even trying to undress in front of me. Jacob and she always had sibling rivalry but, it stopped when I and Jacob got together. Well, atleast on his part.

Then one day, she gets pregnant and claims the baby is mine! I had never touched that girl a day in my life! But of course, people automatically believe her and Jacob nearly runs me over with his car and his dad tries to have me arrested. She was 16 and I was 19, at the time. 9 months later, the paternity test comes back negative and she admits to the truth. She and Jacob haven't spoken since then.

And, I still don't think she knows who the father of her kid is. Just saying.

But, I was over it. She never had me and would never had me. Simple as that.

"Don't look at her, don't speak to her then. Like you said, let's have a good night. She was a kid. She's probably changed." I say, and grab the food and head to the dining room.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Thoughts?

i decided to cut it into two chapters. The next chapter will be up either late tonight or tomorrow.