23 +

Seems like this hurricane is taking his time to get to us so here's another chapter. Enjoy! Ignore mistakes. Ok luv you bye.
-------------------------------------------
"How was your birthday?" Elijah asked. I had just came home to grab something to eat. I usually eat at the office, but I was in a rush this morning and forgot to bring my lunch. And why buy out when you had food at home?

"It was good. Got some presents and went out with the girls." I answered. When I got home, Elijah was there cleaning up the girls room and prepping for dinner. He made me a BLT sandwich and made me a strawberry-banana smoothie. Then I just decided to do my work in home office for the rest of the day.

"And Jacob? Where is Jacob by the way?" He asked

"And Jacob? Where is Jacob by the way?" He asked. He had came in and sat down in one of my chairs in front of my desk.

"Yeah. Ummmm... I think he's out with one of the twins' friends mom. They had like a lunch date or something."

"He's really coming along nicely, isn't he?"

I looked up at Elijah in bewilderment. Why was he asking so many questions?

"You need something? I'm really busy here." I said, pointing to all the papers cluttered on my desk and my laptop.

"Just...." he trailed off, looking around the room.

"I really love the girls, Chresanto. But their father is back and maybe it's time I go." He said, looking down and twiddling his thumbs.

I sighed and closed my laptop. Obviously I wasn't going to get any work done right now.

"What brought this on? The girls still need you." I said.

"They have their father and I'm about to graduate. I'll always love them and I'll come by and visit. But I think it's time I move on before I get any more attached, Chresanto." Elijah said.

"What do you mean? It's okay to be attached . You spend most of your time with them." I said. What the heck was he talking about?

"Not them, Chresanto."

My eyes widened and then I quickly regained my composure. I cleared my throat .

"Look, Eli-" I started.

"No it's fine. Maybe your one of those people, who can just have casual sex and move in but I'm not. That meant something to me. And I know I'm probably just in my feelings. So I wanna leave. Please." Elijah interrupted.

What could I say to that? I mean, before Jacob came home he took care of my children. I sometimes gave him extra money when he needed it. He stayed at our house sometimes. We had sex that one time. And sometimes we acted like a family. He probably started having feelings.

"Ok, we can sit down and talk to the girls about it, if you want." I said.

He nodded and got up and left the room.