21 +

"Ssh! Callie, stop! Your stepping on my toe!"

"Mama! I'm trying to be quiet but Baja won't stop nudging me!"

"Both of y'all, be quiet! Your daddy's gonna wake up and then the surprise will be ruined." I heard Jacob whisper-yell from the doorway.

I was already awake. Had been for the past 45 minutes. I guess they were trying to make me breakfast in bed, cause what woke me up was all the pans banging downstairs in the kitchen. Add that, to Callie and Baja fighting and Jacob yelling at them.

Yep. I was definitely awake.

But I decided to play asleep so their surprise wouldn't be ruined.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear daddy! Happy birthday to you!" I grinned and rolled over to face my family.

Callie and Baja had jumped on the bed and were bouncing up and down in excitement. Jacob was standing on the other side, with a wooden tray that looked like it had my birthday breakfast on it.

"It's your birthday daddy! How old are you?" Baja asked, crawling over to me.

"Awww, baby girl, why you gotta go and ask that? Huh?" I growled teasingly, while tickling her.

Jacob walked over to my side of the bed and placed the wooden tray on my lap.

I raised my eyebrow  at the pancakes covered in icing and looked at Jacob

I raised my eyebrow at the pancakes covered in icing and looked at Jacob.

"Me and the girls looked at Pinterest all last week for something to make for your birthday breakfast." Jacob laughed and pointed to the plate. "That's what they picked out for you."

"Daddy, you have to make a wish and blow out the candle, now." Callie yelled, looking at the candle.

I knew if I didn't hurry up and do it, she would do it for me.

So, I closed my eyes and scrunched up my face, like I was thinking really hard.

'Just keep everything like it is. With Jacob and my two little girls, happy and well.' I thought and blew out the candles.

"Yay!" Jacob, Callie and Baja cheered.

"Eat up, daddy." Callie said.

I picked up the fork and began to eat the pancakes covered in frosting. I had never really been one for sweets so, Jacob laughed at he noticed my jaw began to lock.

"Alright thats enough for now." Jacob said, taking away the tray from me. "Let's give daddy, his presents."

Callie and Baja hopped off the bed and ran out the room, shouting, "We'll be right back".

Jacob reached under the bed and pulled out two gift-wrapped presents. And the girls came in holding something in their hands.

"You guys didn't have to do all this for lil ole me." I said, laughing.