Final *Maya pt 3*

So this is the final part to Maya's, zaddtiz  little series I had here. Sorry it took so long! Love y'alls
***
Republishing bc when I look at it from my library it doesn't show the whole things the ending should be something like "living their dreams" so yeah
* * * * *
Zayn packed his things the day before Maya was going to pick him up.

He wanted to just be able to grab his bags and run out the door, & wrap his arms around Maya.

After he finished packing he went down to the kitchen.

"Look at that smile on that boy's face!" Don, a patient & aquaintance of Zayn's, said.

Everyone in the dining room cheered for Zayn, congratulating him for getting rid of his addiction.

Zayn blushed saying thanks & grabbing his dinner plate  putting stacks of food on it.

He sat down with the others.

This would be his last conversation with them. As much as he'll miss fitting in and not being judged by people, he misses his old friend's and family. Mainly Maya.

Zayn and the others talked until they were told to go to bed.

Zayn day dreamed about Maya as he walked into his room. He fell asleep with a smile on his face, so happy to see Maya again. It's been months.

° ° ° ° °

Zayn woke up at 6:00 am even though Maya was going to be there at 8:30.

He brushed his teeth, took a shower, did his hair, and put on a pair of baggy jeans with a Nike hoodie, and Air Forces.

He made sure he had everything ready before going to sit on the porch.

It was about 8:00 so he felt he didn't have to wait long.

When 8:30 rolled around Maya was a no show.

'No worries, of course she wouldn't be here on the dot' He thought to himself.

8:30 turned to 9:00

9:00 turned to 10

And 10 turned to 11.

Zayn picked up his bags & headed back inside the building.

The receptionist gave him a look of sympathy.  He gave her a weak smile, then asked to call his mother with their phone.

After his mother got off the phone he waited an extra 30 minutes.

He heard her honk the horn & once again he was walking out of the building. He sat in the passenger seat of the car with a sigh.

"She didn't show." He said with a weak voice. This was supposed to be a special moment.

Maya & Zayn haven't seen each other in 5 months & she didn't show.

"Zayn I have to tell you something." His mother's voice was wavering.

"What?'' He sniffled.

Trisha had hesitation written all over her face. "Are you sure you're going to be able to handle it?"

Zayn stared out the window. "Yes, I can."

Trisha sighed & said:

"Maya's in the hospital that's why she couldn't come & get you-"

"Why?! Why is she there?! What happened?!" Zayn spit out question after question franticly, as if he had a time limit to say a million things.