Thirteen In Which He Almost Punches Somebody

Diego's jaw dropped.

If it wasn't for that, then Leon wouldn't have turned curiously to see what Diego was gaping at.

The new guy -whose name Leon stubbornly chose to not remember- was walking back to the beach with Francesca. They were both laughing and honestly it didn't give Leon a nice feeling.

Caio was definitely overrated, if you asked Leon.

"So, we need to travel to a house that is not too far away. We will use boats, gather in threes, and choose one," Antonio instructs.

"Caio!" Violetta calls and the black haired boy nods, turning to the girl next to him.

"Would you like to join us?" He asks Francesca.

She was about to say yes before she was rudely interrupted. Leon swung an arm around her shoulder in a somewhat possessive manner, and smiled falsely at Caio.

"She's with Diego and me," Leon tells him, and Caio nods quite disappointedly.

"See you there then," he winks at Francesca which only makes Leon roll his eyes.

This behaviour went unnoticed by Francesca, which Diego found fascinating. How was she not picking up how stupid Leon was acting? Diego wondered.

"So, this is a canoe," Francesca states as they reach the small brown boat.

"Thanks Captain Obvious," Leon says sarcastically.

"Ha ha," She retorts. "I meant, you two need to work the oars," Francesca continues.

Before either of them could protest, she cautiously got in, and sat in the middle, smiling innocently at the both of them. Leon and Diego share a look before grudgingly getting on.

"Okay, so do you know how to do this?" Leon asks his black haired cousin.

Diego shakes his head and Francesca giggles. Leon and Diego start trying to turn the oars, and find that it's actually a lot harder than they thought.

"Good thing we're doing it, I'm afraid Francesca wouldn't have been able to manage," Diego says and Francesca slaps his back.

"Glad to see he's catching on," Leon smirks.

Francesca glared at the boys, and crossed her arms over her chest. She stared at the still water, as another canoe went past them. She recognised the black hair blowing in the wind, and wished she could have been with Caio.

She replayed the moment in her head, and wondered why Leon had acted that way. It was the tone in his voice that was unfamiliar to Francesca. And she felt like she heard all kinds of tones from him, considering their complicated relationship.

"So, what's the new guy like?" Leon asks through gritted teeth. Francesca was half dazed, so she didn't notice.

"Oh, he's great! He's fun to talk to, and well, we had some fun," Francesca giggles thinking about the both of them hiding in the closet.

"What happened?" Leon asks curiously.

"Oh, you had to be there," Francesca tells him.

Leon says nothing.

He said nothing the rest of the way and for them it took a long time. Half the time they were going in circles, which just caused Diego to yell at him.

"You're not even paying attention!" Diego groans, and Leon bites his lip muttering an apology.

Diego sends him a look. You will fucking tell me what's fucking going on with you. Yes, the swear words were included. One day Diego had even given Leon a rundown about what all his looks meant. Leon found it annoying but he took it all in nevertheless. The look aforementioned was the frequently used one.