Fifteen In Which He Ruins Everything

ONE WEEK LATER Leon felt sick.

Sick to the stomach.

Leon had never liked seeing public displays of affection -PDA if you must-. Even when he was in a relationship, he liked to keep it low key. He felt like it was almost gloating.

Francesca and Caio were not together -because Leon and Francesca were still dating as far as the press was concerned- but that didn't mean they weren't getting close. A little too close for Leon's liking. Because it was going to ruin the entire scheme they had—that's what he told himself.

Two days ago when they went out on a date -this time they went to a diner, and didn't sneak off- all Francesca talked about was how fucking amazing Caio was. Leon wouldn't be lying if he told you he tasted bile in his mouth. But he kept it to himself, and nodded, trying to look like he genuinely interested.

Perhaps he would've told her that he thought that she should shut up, and then he would dramatically storm out of the place. But the paparazzi was everywhere, which is even why he forced himself to take her hand and intertwine their fingers. They didn't kiss.

Leon wasn't even sure if that what was he really wanted.

But, he also wasn't sure if it was what he didn't want.

Which is why he avoided Francesca as much as possible that week, talking to only Diego and Pablo. But it was hard to even speak to Diego when the breaking news was that there may be a new star on the rise.

Take a guess.

Marco Fucking Tavelli.

So Diego was practically crumbling, and Pablo could only help him so much. In other words, Leon was starting to feel a little lonely. He missed having Francesca to argue with, Francesca had admittedly kept him busy for the past few weeks. Arguing with her had become a routine.

That day, Leon was sitting on his chair, and was sipping his water from a straw. He watched as Caio and Francesca talked. Francesca would occasionally put on a hat and pose, or maybe use a scarf. Leon wanted to run over and tell her stop this, and at least try to make it seem like she wasn't cheating on him.

But it was just another thing that he kept to himself.

"Leon, we need you and Caio to shoot a scene," Antonio says, and Leon nods wordlessly.

Leon got up, but he was pulled back by the wrist. Diego murmurs a good luck, and drops his wrist. Leon smiles gratefully. He was already dressed, he had just been lounging around considering Antonio had been focusing on Violetta and Caio scenes recently.

He was feeling the love.

"Hey Leon," Francesca stops him.

"What?" Leon asks. Francesca rubbed her hands together nervously.

"Are you avoiding me?" Francesca asks, her head tilting the side.

"Well you seem to be spending so much time with your boyfriend I think you're avoiding me," Leon replies harshly, but Francesca doesn't flinch.

"My boyf...Caio?" She asks softly. "You know you're my boyfriend," She tries to joke, but realises Leon wasn't going to laugh anytime soon. She bites her lip awkwardly.

"Leon, you can talk to me. I thought we were friends," Francesca says.

You thought wrong.

Leon didn't say it. He knew deep down that they were friends, a sort of friends that were dating but they weren't. Leon didn't reply, he didn't know how to reply. He brushed past her, and walked to Caio. Caio had obviously been watching them -the inquisitive doofus-