Twenty In Which He Ends Whatever They Had

{so, Francesca is 17 years old, but Leon is 18, an like a half. And so is Diego, who is two months older. The title pretty much like. . .you guys already basically know what's going to happen. And honestly your guys' reaction from the last chapter was adorable! Enjoy xx}

THE CHAIR FALLING broke the kissing pair apart.

Francesca saw the hurt look on Leon's face and felt guilt overcome her. She hated his expression, he looked so raw, so vulnerable. She hated herself for liking the kiss so much. She loved the kiss in fact. It was passionate and the way Caio held her made her feel somewhat warm inside.

Caio felt like he was about to have a heart attack. He had just kissed the girl who had started to develop feelings for (and she kissed back!) and her boyfriend walked in on them. Fuck, he was so dead.

"Diego, how about that drink with me then?" Leon asks turning his attention away from the speechless girl.

They had already stared at each other for a few minutes, nobody had said anything. Leon was disappointed, she didn't even try to explain what had happened which obviously meant she didn't regret it in any way.

Diego cast a hateful look to Francesca before nodding. He had just started to like Francesca. He felt like he had to admire a girl who stood up to Leon like that and finally got him to open up about his past. But then she did this. He had seen Leon get hurt by people he cared about.

It seemed Francesca was just added to the list.     

_

FRANCESCA FELT SOMETHING during the kiss.

So she found that instead of running after Leon she turned to Caio, the slightly flustered but still handsome boy next to her.

"I like you Fran, and I shouldn't  have kissed you like that since you have a boyfriend, but damn I like you," Caio whispers.

"Leon and I are fake dating," She blurts out and he stares at her wide-eyed. Yeah, she was shocked as well.

"So you're saying we can be together?" Caio asks confused.

"Yes, but you know super super secret," She says hastily.

Caio smiles and leans in and kisses her again. Slower than the first time. And she enjoyed every minute of it.

However her fake boyfriend was hating it. All of it. This was exactly why he didn't trust people. People couldn't be trusted. Whenever he let somebody in they let him down.

And he was getting fucking tired of it.

He couldn't believe Francesca had done that. Not only had she ruined what they had started, but she had put their fake relationship in jeopardy. What if it wasn't Leon who had walked in. What if it had been a crazy -but determined- fan who then wouldn't snapped a million photos and boom his career was over.

Francesca would have been accused of being a cheater -well she technically is- and because of these stupid unnecessary feelings that he felt for her he would step up and come clean to save her.

He also hated feelings, did he mention that?

He slammed his glass on the wooden counter and the bartender stepped away cautiously. Diego put his hand on his upper arm trying to calm him down. Leon muttered an apology to bartender, and the man filled Leon's glass.

"Breakup?" The bartender asks handing the glass back to Leon.

"Something like that," Leon replies.

It couldn't be a breakup? They weren't allowed to. This relationship could only end after all the premieres of the movie, after interviews, talk shows, everything. Then Leon wouldn't need the publicity.

"I'd suggest that after this you head home. It doesn't help to drown yourself in alcohol," The bartender advises.

Leon just nods, sipping his strong whiskey. Diego tried to make him feel better, telling him that Francesca wasn't a catch anyway. But he knew Diego was just saying that. He knew that his cousin had liked Francesca, they were going to be great friends.

Until she went and fucked everything up.

When they got back home, Francesca was waiting on the steps in front of the house. She stood up as they neared and Leon groaned. Diego protectively stood in front of Leon and acknowledged Francesca with a nod.

"We don't care about anything you have to say," Diego says and she scoffs.

"Leon, can I speak to you?" She says, ignoring Diego.

"Diego, I've got this," Leon says and she breathes a sigh of relief.

Diego reluctantly leaves the pair and enters the house. Leon finally brings his eyes up and looks at Francesca. She didn't look as guilty as she should've. He remembered the heavy guilt that he had felt when he kissed her. He hardly even slept that night.

And here she was, after kissing somebody after they had had their moment. In fact, if he looked close enough he noticed a glow to her face. Not quite a just-fucked glow, but it was similar. He clenched his hands into a fist.

He was jealous.

Jealous that some new guy with too long hair was taking away his fake girlfriend. What did Caio have that Leon didn't? Nothing, Leon thought.

"What?" Leon rasped. He heard her sharp intake of breath.

"I like him," She breathes.

Of course she did. Was it because he was rude to her when they first met? Did she ever even really like him? Or was she just bored, and then Caio swept in?

"That's nice." Leon says bluntly.

"Leon please," Francesca pleaded.

Leon pondered the plead for a few seconds. Did she deserve his kindness? Or at least for him to not be as bad as he was acting?

No.

"What about us? The fake thing we have going on?" He asks, emphasising the word fake. Francesca felt the bite, and merely ignored it.

"We'll carry on. Caio knows about it," Francesca answers.

"Well you seem to be getting more idiotic by the minute,"

He pauses.

"You know what? If you want to be with him fine by me. It doesn't matter that I thought we had something, it doesn't matter that I finally told you my past only for you to betray me. It doesn't matter that you're an absolute bitch who has put my reputation at stake by telling Goldilocks about the truth of our relationship.

"It doesn't fucking matter. You just carry on living your life the way you want to, and I hope you two get married. Because you are both horrible people who went behind somebody's back. And it certainly doesn't matter that I really thought you were a good person, but it turns out I was wrong." He lets her take all that in. She was still silent so he decided to finish.

"Well Francesca, I hope you're happy..." He had trouble saying the next words.

Did he mean it?

"I hate you,"

<~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~>
Is it bad that this was probably one of my favourite chapters? Haha... Anyway, Francesca will explain her feelings a little more in the next chapter!!! I may end this book at 25 chapters instead. Or perhaps 30, because I have one more important thing to do. And, I've read something that will help me with the ending. I know what I want to do.

Thanks for reading 🙈 Sorry for any errors 💚

~Lexy 😈