Nineteen In Which She Kisses Without A Script

Diego had walked away from the black haired boy the moment he apologised

Diego had walked away from the black haired boy the moment he apologised. He would not break down in front of the boy he once loved again. So he turned around the corner into an empty alley and pressed his back against the wall.

Flashed of his relationship with Marco entered his mind and he slid across the bumpy brick wall and brought his knees to his chest. He put his head in between his legs and finally let a few tears fall.

He had forgotten what it was like to be this heartbroken.

And he didn't like it at all.

Leon looked at the boy in front of him still slightly rubbing his face, and then at the empty street where Diego had turned into. He groaned and simply poked Marco's chest before running after his cousin.

"Fuck Diego," He murmured when he saw Diego in a ball.

Leon thought about running back and punching Marco again but he decided against it and sat next to his relative. He swung an arm around him and rubbed his shoulder a little bit. Anything to get him to stop crying.

[divider]

DIEGO ACTED LIKE nothing happened the next day.

He walked to the kitchen with a smile where he caught Francesca and Leon sharing a kiss. They broke apart immediately, both feeling guilty that they were together while Diego was hung up over a guy. But he simply suggestively winked at them.

"Oh don't stop on my account!" Diego says as he grabs the corn flakes.

Francesca and Leon shared a look. Francesca was itching to ask Diego if he was okay, whether he wanted to go to the set or just relax at home. But judging by Leon's warning look she kept her mouth shut.

Leon knew that this was Diego's way of dealing with things. Acting completely normal. Diego believed that you should never let anybody see how angry or upset you are, emotions like this should be kept to yourself. Diego had always done this when they were kids.

It took some time for Leon to actually figure out that it was all façade and that Diego was actually breaking down on the inside. He would wait until they were alone to talk to him.

When they arrived at the set Francesca ran off to Caio -much to Leon's annoyance- but he took the opportunity to talk to Diego.

"So, the whole smiley-I'm-alright thing again?" Leon asks and Diego sighs.

Of course he couldn't get anything past Leon.

"Look, it is not something you need to worry about," Diego says reassuringly.

Leon didn't fall for it.