Fourteen In Which She Feels Like A Cliche

FRANCESCA SPOTTED CAIO throwing rocks into the water.

He threw them quite harshly, which actually made Francesca laugh. Caio turned to look at the noise, and a smile graced his face when he saw the girl. She was his only friend that he had made, Violetta was merely an acquaintance whereas he thought of Francesca as an actual friend.

When you hide in a closet together, it really brings you closer.

"The objective is to throw it lightly so it bounces," Francesca says pointedly. He shakes his head, his long black hair falling on his face.

"Not what I'm doing," He tells her.

"I thought you were walking with your boyfriend?" Caio says and Francesca chokes.

"Diego isn't my boyfriend," Francesca dismisses, before hastily adding, "Leon is!"

"Leon? The Jorge actor?" Caio asks, and Francesca nods, a fake wide smile plastered on her face.

"You two look good together," Caio comments.

Oh, you're not the only one who thinks that, Francesca thought.

Even though she hated to admit it, Francesca and Leon dating had brought Leon and the movie a lot of publicity. Many people had been wondering who she was, and if she was going to be in the Violetta movie.

All her classmates never gave her the time of day. She had complained in class countless times about being disturbed, and they would leave her for about five seconds before whispering in her ear again.

"So about that walk?" Francesca asks cheerfully after a moment of comfortable silence.

"Of course," Caio dusts his hands on his cream shorts.

He peels hair from his face, fighting against the wind. He holds out his hand and Francesca gladly takes it. After helping her over the rock, he dropped her hand almost instantly.

Boys, Francesca inwardly rolls her eyes.

She didn't know what it was today, but boys were being especially idiotic. She started asking Caio questions, to start a flowing conversation. He explained all the movies he'd done, and the awards as well as nominations, and Francesca had to admit that he was impressive.

And she thought Leon was the biggest star.

Leon was publicised a lot more than Caio, and loved by a lot more girls. It wasn't that Ciao wasn't attractive, on the contrary Francesca found him extremely handsome and was truthfully a little disappointed that she in a relationship, and couldn't make a move.

"And you? What's your life?" Caio asks her.

"Nothing compared to yours, I'm quite a boring person," Francesca shrugs.

"Just because you're not an actress doesn't make you boring," He winks, and she smiles slightly.

"Well, if you must know, I go to school five days a week. And during the weekends I'm at the set. My life isn't as exciting as a pop star of course. Must be pretty amazing," Francesca says and he shakes his head.

Francesca tilted her in intrigued. Leon had never really told her what it was like to be in showbiz, and as popular as he was. Well, she never asked. It hadn't occurred to her that it anything less than amazing.

Having girls fawn over you, knowing that you were one of those people who were hung up on walls—in a totally non-creepy way. Making millions every movie. He was a teen sensation, she had never thought there any cons.