Car chases, Cornfields and Beyonce

THIS ISN'T THE LONGEST CHAPTER, BUT THE FEELS ARE REAL. OH AND IF YOU GUYS WANT ANOTHER CHASE POV TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS!!! BE SURE TO VOTE, SHARE AND COMMENT! ANYWAYSSS....

READ ONNN

"HOLY SHIT! THEY'RE RIGHT BEHIND US!," I screamed as I swerved the car to the right, skimming the stop sign and barely missing it.

"TO THE LEFT, TO THE LEFT!," Said Chase from the back seat of the car where he had a better view of the police car that was hot on our tails.

"THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO BE QUOTING BEYONCE," I hissed as my fingers that were curled around the driving wheel turned white and my palms became sweaty and I became increasingly dubious about this plan.

Well, you might be wondering what the hell was happening. To be honest I'm not so sure. After the whole fiasco as Taylor's house, we escaped but didn't get far before the police caught on to us. So, at the moment, I, Skylar Jones was being chased by a police car. Oh, and my enemy was in the back seat. What a great Monday.

"THERE IS NO WRONG TIME TO QUOTE BEYONCE," He screamed as blue and red lights came threateningly close to the car.

"Shit, shit, shit, they're getting closer!" He said as I squinted my eyes to look forward and noticed that we were almost at a dead end.

Straight ahead was fucking cornfield, but right before it was a small exit to the left, the exit was so small that if I hadn't been living in this damned town for so long, I wouldn't have known that it had exited. Suddenly and Idea formed in my mind, I looked into the rearview mirror as my eyes caught Chase's, and I smirked causing to pale a bit.

"Oh crap," he muttered

"Hold tight," I revved the engine and my car sped up. I looked down at the speed meter... 60.. 70.. 80..90... and soon we were going 100 km and the cornfield was merely a couple feet from us.

I glanced into the mirror and saw that Chase's eyes were tightly shut and he was mumbling something that sounded a lot like 'Sweet baby Jesus, please forgive my sins.'

Just before the road came to a halt I stomped down on the breaks and took a harsh left causing my car to drift and turn the corner all at the same time. I looked back and saw the police car fly into the cornfield as the sun was rising the background. How aesthetic.

I took a deep breath as I reversed the car, knowing that we didn't have a lot of time before the car came back. There was a thick silence over the car, that felt like a metaphorical banket which was very palpitable. I drove to Rob's cafe which was barely a block away. Through the rearview mirror, I could see Chase with his eyes shut and repeatedly making the cross symbol on his chest. I couldn't help but laugh as I looked at his pale form. As soon as I parked the car Chase jumped out and kissed the ground.

"Holy shit, Holy shit, Holy shit," Chase said with a hand to his heart, "Thank the lord baby Jesus, I am alive."

And then he broke down laughing, into uncontrollable- almost sobbing laughter and soon I found myself joining him at how ridiculous our situation was. Soon we were both on the ground, laughing and our giggles were echoing through the empty street.

"We were- just in a- Car chase with the police," he mustered between laughs "and you lead them into- a cornfield,"

"It was- amazing don't deny it," I laughed wiping tears from my eyes as I looked at him.

"It was," he said with a twinkle in his eyes as he wiped tears off his eyes and stood up, taking a deep breath.

"I told you I'm a great driver, babe." I said as I winked at him and walked to the trunk of the car peeling off the sticker on the license plate.

"You put a sticker on a license plate?, that's actually pretty smart," He said with an impressed look on his face.

"Call me EEinstien" I scoffed as I pulled on my jacket, suddenly feeling rather chilly.

I looked up at the pink and orange mural painted across the sky as the adrenaline rush finally wore off. I stretched out my arms- which felt immensely sore and yawned, still staring at the beautiful sky I couldn't help the soft smile that overcame my features. I turned around and noticed that Chase was standing behind me and staring at me.

I looked at him and saw the way the light shone off his hair as a couple of strands fell in front of his eyes making me lean forward and sweep them back. Soon, I was in his arms and I looked up and noticed the way the light hit his face making his jawline appear more pronounced and the way his eyes became even brighter, similar to an ocean in Bali. My eyes snapped to his lips which were pink and plump. I couldn't help it as my heart raced quicker when his eyes found my lips but I snapped out of it. It wasn't right, get a hold of yourself, Skylar. I coughed pulling him out of his trance as his eyes snapped to mine.

"Take a picture it lasts longer," I said distancing myself from him as I grabbed my bag.

" Don't mind if I d-," he said but was interrupted with a yawn. And for the second time in one day I surprised myself and the black haired boy.

"I want to show you something," I said causing Chase to look at me curiously.

"Lead the way, babe."