Shots, Saviours and Sparks

Happy Belated Birthday Love, I hope you had the best day

Happy Belated Birthday Love, I hope you had the best day. I read your comment and thank you so very much for reading my book! I appreciate it a lot xx

This one's for you:

Beginning of Love

When Sky reached Sean's house, the first thing she noticed was Sean gently lining up shot glasses on the edge of the kitchen counter and the second thing she noticed was the obnoxious chanting of 'Shots, Shots, Shots' over and over again through his Beats speaker.

"Sean, are you sure you're not an alcoholic?" She asked as she came up from behind him, causing him to almost drop the bottle of vodka in his hand.

"Jesus! You scared me, but I'm pregaming," He said turning around fumbling to turn off the youtube video from which the shots soundtrack was playing.

"I thought you were going to come a little later," He said meekly.

"What was the Shots, Shots, Shots for?" Sky asked as she took a seat on a chair near the counter top trying to entertain herself with Sean's unusual antics.

"I needed a hype man, no one was around so I had to do it myself," He said as he finished filling up the shot and faced her his grin slowly morphing into a frown when he saw her grave expression.

After the horrendous brunch with her father, she had gone home, changed and made sure that her makeup wasn't a mess and that her eyes were no longer puffy. When she decided she looked presentable enough she had grabbed a nice outfit, stuffed it in her bag and made her way over to Sean's house.

"What did the bastard do this time," Sean asked angrily after taking her appearance in.

She didn't look horrendous but she didn't look like her normal self either. Usually, she had this aura of calmness and confidence that radiated from her. And her makeup, although subtle was always on point. Today, her highlight was missing that extra pop and she looked, no she felt meek and the sad part was that she always looked like this when her father was involved. After the first couple of times that she had come over, looking similar it had become sort of a tradition, or even a really sad routine. It was always the same; sad event related to her estranged father; call Sean to cheer her up; Get drunk; Go clubbing.

Sean was always her go to, or her right hand as Drake would say. Ever since they were kids they had been close but in the past two years, he had been her support, her rock. He was her bestest friend in the world and she knew that she was his too (yes, I know that bestest isn't a word). Hell, the were even #1 snapchat bestfriends and had a 538 day snap streak, that my friends is dedication.

Sean came over and enveloped a hug, and she embraced his warmness and missed it when he stepped away. She and Sean had never been anything more that bestfriends, and they had never thought about it either. Sean always had long term girlfriends since he was fifteen, and although his choice was rather questionable, he was always loyal. Skylar if anything was the player type, especially after Jake tragically dumped her. She knew she was attractive and she could attract men, and she wasn't afraid to, but never had either of the two thought of each other in a romantic way. So, as Sean moved away her thoughts went back to this morning and she looked over at the shots.