P R O L O G U E : O N E

Prologue

Prologue

Part One

12:17 A.M

AUGUST 27, 2018

LOCATION: RIVERWEST, CHICAGO

Sahar Edina was a firm believer in revenge, she believed that it gave people the clear message that she was not to be fucked with.

Furthermore, she didn't hold grudges, primarily because she liked her revenge to be completed promptly after the action of her wrongdoing, as there was no point in tallying on for longer. Which is precisely the reasoning of why she, along with her best friend, Sean Lawley, were currently trying to break into the home of Jake Karllson.

"For fuck's sake," Sahar mumbled as she prodded the keyhole with two bobby pins, trying to get the perfect position to unlock the door. After a minute or two of struggling, she finally heard the satisfying 'Pop' causing the door to open.

Sahar stood up, giving Sean a smile that he knew indicated that all hell was about to break loose.

"Are you ready," He asked,

"Born ready, let's fuck it up,"

As she pushed the door open, she felt a wave of nostalgia. Sahar had many memories in Jake's house, after all, they had dated for a little more than a year. Quite an impressive feat for a high school relationship especially at Xavier Highschool. And truly, most of Sahar's memories in this house had been happy ones, but the last one ruined all of them.

That was because the last time she had walked into this house was precisely one week ago, and she was confronted with the sight of her oh-so-lovely and loyal boyfriend on top of another girl. Her heart had been broken into tiny pieces and it felt like the little slivers that were left behind were still digging into her heart right now, causing all those memories to resurface.

Caught up in the whirlpool of revenge, and drunken decisions, Sahar had not considered how she would feel walking into the house and now she was mere moments from sprinting out of the house and driving as far away as possible. But the anger within her rooted her to the spot. Well, that and the fact that drunk Sahar had a tendency to make terrible decisions. Deciding it was too late to back out, she grabbed the Wal-Mart bags and walked further into the house, the outline of which she knew extremely well.

Sahar had known that Jake's house would be empty because he always partied on Friday nights and his parents wouldn't be home because they simply didn't give a fuck- that was one thing they both had in common.

When the night had started, Sahar had not expected to end up at Jake's house. That evening, Sean had begged her to get out of her house and come to a party with him, in hopes of getting her out of her slump. She had given in and gone to the party with him, where she had proceeded to get incredibly drunk, have a meltdown and cry on Sean's shoulder.

Sean knew that her heartbreak was quite fresh, as he had been with her the entire week and had taken care of her as she had poured her heart out constantly crying about the prick. Sahar was the most put together person he knew, and it took a lot to make her cry, so he tried to be as supportive of her and be there for her when she needed him. It came with being her best friend for 10 plus years.

He knew that she needed her closure, so when she had begun to cry at the party, Sean had decided what had to be done. He had driven her to Wal-Mart and then to Jake's house. Then in the car, they had procured the perfect plan to get back at Jake. Although their plan was nowhere close to the turmoil he had caused, it was good enough as it was sure to bring hell upon him in a very Sahar-like manner, she was going to get revenge via a prank.

However, this was a go big or go home kind of prank,

and they were going big.

Jake's house was a one-story bungalow but it was huge. The front of his house had neatly trimmed trees that formed spirals and the first thing you saw as you walked in was a grand chandelier. All in all, Jake was swimming in Benjamins- so Sahar didn't feel too bad pranking him because he always had people clean up his mess for him. Sadly, the one mess people couldn't clean up was his life.

As they headed into Jake's room, Sahar felt an overbearing sense of nostalgia mixed with something she could only describe as utter coldness. She and Jake had spent so much time here- it was hard to keep the memories at bay.

Without a moment's hesitation, Sean emptied the Wal-mart bag out on the bed,

Sahar grabbed the solo cups and they both got to work. After about thirty minutes, Phase 1 of their plan was complete. There were approximately 150 solo cups covering the expanse of the floor of the room- and each of the solo cups was filled to the brim with maple syrup. Once that was done they continued to Phase 2, they took the fifteen bottles of dish soap they had bought and dumped one whole bottle in every bath, shower and sink that there was in the house.

The stage was set, Jake would walk into his room which would be covered in solo cups filled with maple syrup, one of them would knock over creating a domino-like an effect causing almost 5 others to fall over and there would be a shit ton of maple syrup on the floor. Maple syrup is a bitch to clean up. Then he would probably go to the bathroom to get water to clean it up, but the sinks would be filled with dish soap- and that would just make it bubbly in the room. The plan was fairly simple and easy to set up- but its effect was quite catastrophic.

However, as Sean placed the last cup filled with maple syrup on the ledge, he stumbled and his hand accidentally knocked over the bong on the windowsill causing it to fall to the floor and shatter to pieces.

That was when they heard movement from downstairs, and the voice of someone yelling,

"Who is there! I'm calling 911!"

They looked at each other with wide eyes, not expecting anyone else to be in the house.

"Shit, Shit Shit!" Sean muttered, clearly panicking.

They heard the footsteps coming up the stairs and approaching Jake's room. Sahar searched the room desperately, noticing the only way out was through the window and there was quite a ways down.

Since Sean was standing right next to the window, she pointed at it,

"Jump!" She yelled as she ran towards the window by jumping over the bed,

Opening the window Sean looked down, it was a dark and almost a two-story jump, with nothing but grass and a bush to aid the fall.

The doorknob started to rattle, as Sahar reached Sean,

" Sean Jump!" She yelled,

Sahar managed to jump from the window right after Sean, and right before the door to Jake's room flung open.

However, all she heard on the way down was the police sirens.