P R O L O G U E : T W O

Prologue

Prologue

Part Two

2:05 A.M

AUGUST 27, 2018

LOCATION: O'HARE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, CHICAGO

Chase Illea stuck out like a thumb amidst all the people at O'hare airport. In the bustling sea of grey and black, he wore a pale yellow sweatshirt which in contrast to his tan skin appeared to look a lot more striking. With his right hand, he pulled his Louis Vuitton Suitcase and using his left he sipped on his Caramel Macchiato- giving an indication to people around that he was quite well off.

But the yellow sweatshirt and the allure of wealth wasn't why he stood out in the crowd. No, that most definitely had to do with the way he looked- that was why he stood out in any crowd. Unfortunately, though, he knew it and often used it to his advantage.

He looked up from his phone and ran his hand through his dark unruly hair in a frugal attempt to push it back as he scanned the pickup area.

Most people would look like a mess after a 17- hour flight from Dubai, but not Chase. In fact, he felt energized and strangely anxious. Looking around he took it all in, the dizzying buzz of people, some carrying their Starbucks drinks, others talking loudly against their Bluetooth headphones. It felt so very American.

It was good to be back home.

Not that Dubai didn't have all of these things, in fact, it had much more. To say that the past year in Dubai had treated Chase Illea well had to be the understatement of the year. In Dubai, he was accommodated with utmost luxury, expensive cars and extravagant parties. He had loved the city, but it had also changed him.

For one, he didn't look like the skinny, pale boy that had boarded the plane a year ago. He worked out and the desert sun had helped him tan quite well. But after a while, the parties merged together and he had started to miss home, so he had decided to come back to Xavier Highschool for senior year.

He was so ready to be back,

But he could name a few people who most definitely weren't.

He made his way over to the exit, getting in the first taxi made available to him. However right as he was about to tell the driver to take him home, his phone buzzed. Pulling it out of his pocket, the call was from Parker Nolan, his best friend.

"Chase, I need you to bail Sahar Edina out of Riverwest Jail,"